Companion

In a far and deserted island stood an asylum for people with mental illnesses .Inside there are different kinds of patients: the psycho-arsonist, homicidal maniac, person with DID or dissociative identity disorder and more others I'd rather not mention. One particular room inside holds a person with PTSD extreme anxiety, depression and delusions. I was sent here for my mission.

I sighed as I witness my owner, whose name is Alex, throw another chair at one of the nurses trying to calm him down. He was having another panic attack upon seeing the needles of syringes brought by one of the helpers. Clearly the helpers were idiots the doctor already told them to keep the syringes in a box to avoid this. I glanced up at the clock on the wall on my left and it read: 10:48 pm. They were trying to get him to sleep. It wasn't always like this most of the time he just sits in a corner and waits, sometimes picks me up and asking me a boat load of questions .Thankfully, the helpers were able to tie him to this bed and set his head on me. I felt the heaviness when they managed to inject him a sleeping drug. The next day however...

A knock on the door alerts Alex's and I's attention. A strange girl entered; a very cute girl. She greeted him and introduced herself.

"Hello! I'm Aqua and I'm your new roommate!" she said albeit enthusiastically. 'Great another patient to take care of' I thought. I wonder if this girl could drive Alex back to his sanity. He stared at her curiously as if trying to read her mind. A few minutes of silence, he spoke.

"What do you want from me? What did I do wrong this time?" he asked the girl while looking at her suspiciously. Aqua looked down and said:

"I just want to be your friend" she mumbled quietly while still looking at the floor. I felt bad for the girl, Alex can be a jerk too sometimes. What really shocked me was that Alex suddenly hugged the girl and said "Please don't cry".

/// 0-0///

Years ago, another person was here before Alex .I've watched how she slowly made progress to get better. I was there to comfort her on nights that she would have nightmares and always loved to toss me in the air and catch me as I fall. Months passed and she didn't even hold or play with me anymore. She was getting better but apparently for some unknown reason , she got worse. She thrashed the whole room and threw me at the nurse furiously to stop them from stabilizing her. They couldn't control her and then she snatched me back and tore my clothes apart. The nurses decided to just put her in a padded room. I went through a lot of stitches after the incident and was kept in a closet . A week later Alex arrived here . I was taken out of the closet and was placed on the bed.

/// 0-0///

Back to present time, Alex still hugging the girl made me happy. He hasn't had any friends except from me. I was always with him, going on walks to the gardens, bathing in the private bathroom, and even eating breakfast. Basically, I was like his ragdoll but in pillow form. Now, I'm always in the arms of the Aqua. She played with me when Alex wouldn't and I comfort her when the nurses come in and force her to drink her medicine. She quickly spat her medicine after the nurse left. She took me from Alex's bed and whispered.

"I'm not really crazy I swear my parents sent me here thinking that I was one for being homosexual " she said as she held me in a tight hug and continued talking .. "Don't worry we'll escape this place and you won't have to deal with being destroyed by patients" Aqua told me. With me still in her arms, she stood up and walked over to Alex. She nudged him and asked.

"Do you want to get out of here?" she asked him as he played around with the Rubik's cube that one of the nurses left for him.

My family's over there I don't think they'd appreciate it if I left them here" he said as he pointed to the empty wall. Aqua shrugged and lugged me over to the door. She picked the lock using a paperclip that was lying on the floor. Being extremely careful not to get caught she put me inside her clothes and we silently went through the halls. After an hour or so of wandering the halls we found the door leading to the outside. Aqua immediately opened the door and we went outside. Unfortunately, the guards were there, they were waiting for us. The guards yanked Aqua forcefully dropping me in the process. They dragged her back inside the asylum as I lay there helplessly on the ground. One of the remaining guards picked me up and seeing s I had so many stitches he threw me in the trash. I felt the garbage bin move, I along with the garbage was thrown to the dump site. I was there waiting for somebody to pick me up.