Chapter Two

Don't Think - Chapter Two

(if you read this when I first uploaded it, sorry about the format. something happened to the spacing. but i fixed it now, so carry on c: )

☆Nicki's POV☆

*one week later*

I was sipping my vanilla latte, listening to The Neighbourhood, when I saw him.

Liam had been recording up in the hotel room that we had arrived at just a few hours prior, so I decided to go on a walk and hunt down a Starbucks.

The thing that caught my attention in the first place wasn't his wavy, dirty-blonde hair.

It wasn't the beautiful, black camera hanging around his neck on a red lanyard.

And it wasn't the way he walked, confident but closed-off, as if he wanted to be standing at center stage and sitting in the back of a dark audience, all at once.

It was his eyes.

His gorgeous, compelling green eyes that had been fixated on the menu on the wall in front of him. Those beguiling eyes that were too blue to be brown, and too brown to be blue, leaving him with the perfect mix of both together, making them the most beautiful shade of green I had ever seen.

He was too intriguing to turn away from, but too intimidating to look at.

Just seeing him, on that first day, had made me flustered to the point of almost leaving. Leaving and never seeing him again. Never getting the chance to talk to him.

Almost.

When I think back now, I wonder what would have happened if I had left. I would have still met him, no doubt, but would it have been the same?

Would I have been pulled down the path of insanity that hate and love and everything in between brings you, if I had left?

But when I think about why I didn't leave, I also think about why I stayed.

And when it comes down to it, when I open my mind to the cold honest truth, I know that I had no other choice.

I was already too far under to come back out. I was too captivated by how utterly fascinating he seemed.

He had intrigued me unknowingly, and captured my attention without even noticing me yet.

He was like a drug that I had never taken, but just the idea of it was enough to get me high.

I watched him as he ordered what I now know is his favorite drink. A simple hot chocolate.

My eyes followed him as he grabbed the cup and walked away to find a table. When he sat down, I looked away, focusing on the music coming from my earbuds. I was looking for a new song to teach myself on the guitar.

It had only been about a minute when I felt it.

The undeniable, distinct feeling that something was watching me.

Not that cliche, beginning-of-a-horror-movie type of thing where the girl notices that something has been watching her seconds before she's brutally murdered.

This had been more of a lingering heavy feeling, clouding the back of my mind.

I slowly looked up from my phone, only to meet my eyes with those of the boy, who was sitting across the room from me.

He held my gaze.

He didn't move. He didn't talk.

I looked down, took a sip of my coffee, and looked back up.