Where They Left Off

It is now summer time beginning of June, Sky is 17 and Julian sis 18. Sky and Julian are walking across the dessert trying to find somewhere to stay for the night as its nearly sun set. They found a little pre made hut in the middle of the dessert with a large water supply and sticks that looked liked the fire was put out not long ago, there was no one in sight who was human but Sky turned and saw a dog it appeared to be a puppy of a husky breed she quickly went over to it but as she did Julian screamed "Stop!". Sky froze seconds before she was about to be 1 foot away from the dog and she whispered with terror in her tone "Why?", Julian said "What if that dog got bit by a zombie?" Sky replied "I'll check for a bite mark anywhere". She searched the dog by pushing it around with a stick the dog had seemed to have no bites or scratches from a zombie, so Sky picked the dog up as it leaped at the same time into her arms. Sky wanted to keep the dog and Julian didn't mind so she was thinking of a name to call it and thought she would name the dog after her parents so she called the dog Fall, as her mother was named Faith and her dad was named Raul plus the dog was a girl so it was perfect.

Sky gave the dog some water as they found a lot in the pre made hut as it looked pretty thirsty while Sky and Julian were talking, Julian said to Sky "Could you imagine what life would be like if we were still kids, none of this, nothing,  just a normal life" Sky replied with her eyes closed "What is normal?" Julian looked at her and then went to lay down on the sand as they were in a dessert, he shut his eyes and said "Something expected", Sky didn't say anything back she just lied next to Fall and fell asleep thinking about what Julian had said.

Julian woke up first as he always does and he looked over to Sky to see her sleeping next to the dog because she had fell in love with it the moment they met. Sky woke up to Fall licking her face she got up and pet the dog giving it some water also, Julian said happily "Good Morning sunshine" Sky smiled said slightly raising her voice"Good morning!" and hugged Julian for no reason she didn't even know herself why but he didn't mind at all he just laughed. Sky broke the hug first because she heard a scream saying "Help!" coming toward them she squinted her eyes to see if she could see what was running towards them, it was a man coming approaching them really fast, Julian grabbed Sky's hand and there backpacks and ran but she had realised that they left the dog behind. Sky forcefully let her hand go from Julian's to run back and quickly grab the dog, as she had the dog in her hand she took a quick glimpse of what was approaching them and it was a man running with a massive group of zombies behind him. Sky freaked out and ran to Julian as fast as she could yelling "JULIAN RUN!" so he started to run as Sky was a couple feet behind him following, the man started to follow them screaming for help so they carried on running as fast as they could until they heard silence. They turned around worried to see the man being devoured by a big group of at least 15 zombies so they turned back around and carried on running for 5 minutes straight. They came to a stop because they found a random rock so they sat on it and they all drank water and continued to calm down, Sky put the dog  down on the city drowned in sand known now as a dessert. Julian started to recognise the placement of the huge rock he realised that it was the huge rock that his dad used to take him on he told Sky where they were, there old hometown in San Fransisco. Sky was socked and said "Oh my God it is" she picked Fall up and started to walk Julian shouted "Where are you going!" Sky didn't reply she just carried on walking so he followed her, she came to a sudden stop so she put the dog down and fell to the ground crying. Julian was a few feet behind her so he ran the extra distance to see why she was crying he asked her "Why are you crying Sky?" she replied struggling to say it "This is home" Julian looked up and realised they were in front of both their houses as they lived next to each other. Fall the dog started to waddle over to a long object in front of Sky's house so both Sky and Julian followed her and were curios why Fall was digging so they looked at each other and helped the dog as it struggled, they found a hand made of bones so they carried on digging to find another pair of hands and Sky dug the sand away from there necks to realise her mums necklace was on one of the bodies. Sky screamed and cried to find those were her parents body remains as the zombies had eaten all the flesh and left just the bone, Julian started to cry also and hugged her Fall had jumped onto her lap and laid on her lap they all sat there in silence for the rest of the day.