━ (( isii )) ━

Light pour meekly through the windowpane and gently nudge my heavy bones to life like lifting a tangible weight of sleep off my shoulders.

A lethargic grunt lazily slurs from my lips and I am confused as to where I am. However, an actual weight held down my shoulders and to my delight was Arlissa, brows furrowed and asleep. I am still confused.

Un, how and when did I even get here and Deux, even so, we're both fully dressed?

Call me animalistic but laying in the arms of a beautiful woman, a goddess at that really, without a night full of unadulterated ecstasy in its rawest form seems almost appalling.

Disappointment engraves my lips because even after learning my fruitless night with this woman, they're still hoping to kiss the worry lines pulling dauntingly at her youthful face to distraught away. And I do. And she stirs awake- softly- like a floating, falling petal bracing the wind.

Her disarming eyes unveils a dark chocolate glow- melting- with gold- like rims for irises, dilating from the light, before dancing loosely on her face. And I lost my breath.

She freezes as she settles her attention on me, apprehensive and confused as I was and searches my eyes for answers. I, speechless, though trying, can find nothing to say and so meets her stare and for some reason, she relaxes. I am surprised but flattered.

"Didn't your mother warn you about having strangers in bed?"

She slightly frowns and I regret my stupid, mildly chauvinistic statement but then she lazily smiles.

"My mother never met a French man."

Our chuckles mingle together softly and gently and quickly dies as if it never came as our eyes study the other's face. Lashes flutter closed, mercifully on her part, and she sighs at the delicate touch of my eager fingers across her cheeks. I inch closer to her, our lips a subtle delicious breath away and her eyes pin me again.

She seems to relish my fingers' tender play on her skin but her quiet question that follows after halts me. "Why didn't you kiss me?"

The seriousness in her eyes stretches like a canopy over the bridge of her nose as her breathing staggers as do mine. "What?"

"Last night, by the balcony."

My eyes flicker at this. My selfishness of the idea that she wants to give in to the current we create clouds me only without the dark rain.

"I didn't want to ruin the moment."

- - - - ✿

the color orange was chosen to symbolize the value of human life and is worn as a signal that wearers do not want to be the next victim of gun violence