Chapter I~ Reborn

❝Not every human is born the same. Some still need to change❞ ~Unknown

Anna burst into the courtyard and ran right into Kristoff and Sven. "Anna! You need to watch where you're going!" Kristoff told his love. "I-I'm sorry but since this is summer, well it ain't gonna last forever." Anna said. Kristoff soon raised an eyebrow. "Where's Elsa?" He asked. Anna looked down at her feet. "Well Elsa still is getting dressed. You know what I mean?" She nudged Kristoff slightly. Kristoff turned to look at Sven. Sven nodded in response as to what Kristoff was thinking.

One of the castle maids knocked on Elsa's door. "Hold on." Elsa said as finished tying her hair up into a bun. Elsa peeked her head out and at once, the maid spoke. "Queen Elsa, the guards have noticed a strange figure that seems to be you, wandering around the castle grounds late at night." Elsa stood there frozen for a minute. The maid stared at the queen but Elsa saw a simple figure staring at her from across the hallway. The figure appeared to be her dressed in her formal gown. The figure waved and flashed a smile to Elsa. She then slowly disappeared. Elsa blinked once more then looked at the maid. "I-I'm sure it's nothing." Elsa answered. But that was far from the truth. Elsa had seen this certain figure ever since childhood. It would always smile and wave at her whenever she was alone. At times when it was the darkest, the figure would speak to her; telling her to die. Elsa had heard of this type of mystical creature called a doppleganger. She had heard of it from Grand Pabbie. He warned Elsa of the dangers of trusting such a creature. It seemed friendly but on the inside, it was out for vengeance. It wanted to kill.

Once Elsa was outside, Anna ran right into her and pulled her over to where their friends were. "Look at the sleigh's new features!" Anna exclaimed with joy. Elsa smiled at her sister's enjoyment for such unique contraptions; especially from Kristoff. Anna was rambling on and on about how it worked but something caught Elsa's eye. She looked ahead and saw herself leading some friendly children down a street. Elsa became anxious. If she were to abandon Anna, it seem like Elsa didn't care but if she didn't help the kids, oh no. Elsa turned to look at Anna then at the little kids. Elsa knew this would be a big risk but she decided to take off toward the children vanishing into the dark alleyway.

Elsa ran into the darkness and searched high and low for the small children. That was when she heard the most bone chilling hello. Elsa slowly turned her head and saw herself. "What did you do to them?" Elsa asked. The figure laughed at her question. "Do you actually think I would injure someone else besides you? No! I'm you! The only person I would hurt is you!" Elsa became tense. She made a small icicle and hid it behind her back. "Where are you hiding them?" Elsa asked. "Nowhere, besides they just wanted some sweets and I did give them what they wanted." Elsa heard her sister's voice calling her. "Elsa! Elsa! Where did you go?!" Anna called out her name several times. The figure disappeared once again before Elsa's eyes. Elsa stood there; frozen. Anna saw Elsa and brought her sister into a tight hug. "Elsa, what are you doing here?" Anna asked immediately. Elsa didn't know how to respond. "You okay Elsa?" Kristoff asked. "You look like you've seen a ghost!" Kristoff was indeed right. She had seen a ghost of herself. But of pure evil.

But that was only the beginning of this game.