Prologue

A girl with blonde hair and grey eyes stared intently at the textbook in her hand.

"A Fusion monster can be created through the use of Polymerization. Other Fusion spell and trap cards include Red-Eyes Fusion, Powerbond, Fusion Substitute-"

Quick as a flash, the book was taken from her hands. She glanced up to see her best friend, Atticus Rhodes, smirking at her. "Bor-ing. C'mon, Audrey, just cause you and Alexis are best friends doesn't mean you have to be just like her."

Audrey glared at him. "Give it, Atticus! If I'm ever gonna make it to Blue I need to study!"

Teasingly, Atticus held the book out of her reach and laughed. "Come and get it!" He turned around to run and was instantly thrown to the ground by another student.

"Give her the book back, Atticus," the teal-haired boy snapped.

"Okay, okay, geez, Zane! You don't have to kill me over a book." He stood up and handed Audrey her book back, then dashed off, giggling.

Zane turned to Audrey, who backed away, scared. She was one of his main fans, but she still kind of cowered a bit in his prescence.

"Sorry about that," he said, smiling slightly. "He's overhyperactive."

Then he walked away, leaving Audrey speechless and in awe.

Zane freaking Truesdale just smiled at/actually talked to me!

Zane walked along the beach, headed for the docks. Suddenly, a kid ran past him, clutching a deck that was clearly stolen from someone, from the way he kept looking back. He spotted Zane and skidded to a stop.

Calmly, Zane walked up to him and took the deck from his hand. Quietly, he flipped through the cards and narrowed his eyes.

"You stole the wrong girl's deck, kid." He shoved the boy into the ocean and took off, eyes flicking left and right.

His ears picked up a shriek coming from the woods. Immediately, he crashed through the trees until he came upon a clearing where an Obelisk boy was holding a Ra girl up while she kicked and screamed.

"C'mon, kid, that wasn't all your rare cards, was it?" he laughed. She twisted and bit his wrist and he dropped her. "You little-"

He spotted Zane and froze. "K-Kaiser Zane!" Instantly, he scampered off. "I'm sorry! I'll never do it again!" he yelled.

Zane dropped the poker face and rushed to the girl's side. "You okay, Jackie?"

She nodded, white-faced. "T-Thanks, Zane...."