Chapter 8

I woke up... But something felt.. Off. I looked down and see that I somehow grown. My breast were larger. My hair was super long. I look around and see that I was in an infirmary. Beside me sat my moogle doll. I hear footsteps come in and a Miqo'te nurse walks in.

"By the twelve! You're awake! You have been in a coma for five years" she says. I look at her in a confused face.

"After the calamity. Dalumond rained down fireballs onto the lands. You and Thancred were lucky enough to get out of its path. You got hit in the head super hard and just until now, you have been in a coma for five years. Thancred didn't get hurt. Just a few scratches and a few broken bones. Seems like something wanted you alive. And from my records you were 16 when you got a giant cut from a Wyvern. Is that correct"

I was confused. Who was Dalumond? I tried to speak and nothing came out. I knocked on the bed and the nurse looked at me. I mouthed 'Water' She nodded and left the room. She came back with a jug of water and handed it to me. I chugged it down. I attempted to speak.

"Thank you" I say with a perfect tone. My voice had more of a elegant accent than usual. The nurse nods and opens the window. I lookout and I see a landscape. In the distance i see large shards. I could tell we were also high up above the ground.

"So. Now what" I say. I sigh. It's been 5 years and a half. Im 21 years old now. The nurse leaves the room. I sit up onto the side of the bed. I look at myself in the mirror. I couldn't recognize myself. I look to the desk next to the bedside. I see hair ties. I grab one and put my hair in a long braid. I grab the table with my hand and push myself up. I was able to stand and walk normal like nothing happened. I see my clothes on a side table and put them on. Sadly.. They were too small...

'Curse these breast' I scream into my mind. I look around the room and find a service bell. I press it and soon after, a nurse walks in.

"Yes miss?" She says.

"I need new clothes. If possible I want them in royal blue dye." I say and look at her.

She nods and leaves the room. I look around and see my shield. I walk over to it and pick it up and take it back to my bed and sit down. I set the shield on my lap and rub my hand over it. I feel tears swell up. If I didn't go into a coma, I would be by my brother's side again. A sigh escapes my mouth and the nurse walks back in with some clothes.

It's dyed blue but, it sure does show my breast. She sets it down on the bed and leaves. I get up and put on the shirt. The pants and boots are next. I grab the stuff like my moogle doll, shield and sword and leave. I go to the front desk and check out. I leave and go down to the streets of Ul'dah. I walk around, looking at all the changes. I also see people staring at me. Yea, I'm a giant giraffe walking around a potato filled city.

I walk back to the flames barricades and see General Raubahn. He was talking to a few officials. I waited for him to be finished. I went up to him and touched him in his right shoulder. He turns around and sees me.

"Ah! Isabelle! It is you! I thought you were gone for good!" he says and ruffles my hair.

"Yea. Is my room still there, also is there someone around here that can cut hair?" I ask.

"Nothing changed. It was orders from your Brother. By god. He came here every weekend, checking on you and cleaned up your room. He believed that you were still alive, and thank the twelve you are!" He says. "Also there is someone that can cut your hair here. Ill send the guy to your room."

I nod and leave towards my room. I walk down the corridors and face plant into my bed. Not long after I hear a knock on the door. I get up and open the door the be greeted by a Elezen with pink and purple hair.

"Why Hello there! You called?" They guy ask. I nod and let him in.

"Yea, I've been in a coma for 5 years and yea, my hair" I show my long braid. He nods.

"Yea. I will fix that up. What length would you like it?" He ask. I think for a moment, debating on what hairstyle I should go for.

"Um, to the shoulders with a little braid in the back. Long enough too to make a nice pony tail" I say. He nods and gets to work. After who knows how long, he stands me up and leads me to a mirror.

"There ya go! I hope you enjoy." He says. I move my head and look at it and I smile.

"I love it! Now. How much do you want" I ask.

"Ah. Milady, it is free of charged. I felt very moved with your story when Raubahn told me." He says and bows. "If you need anymore help with hair or anything, come find me."

"Well, thank you!" I say and lead him to the door. I went back to the mirror and looked at myself. I gave a heavy sigh. I lay down on my bed and fall asleep.