Chapter 16: Forgiven

Errors POV:
Shadow-error: "remember when he died?"
I nodded, though had a feeling he was going to remind me anyways.
Error: "it's the reason I took the human soul away from that universe."
Shadow-error: "you're afraid of losing him."
Error: "yah, I guess I am."
Shadow-error: "his time will come one day. You know you can't protect him forever."
Error: "so what do I do?"
Shadow-error: "became angry. It's always made you feel better."
Error: "and when that wares out?"
Shadow-error: "became sad."
Error: "and when I'm too tired to become sad?"
Shadow-error: "I... I don't know."
I took his hand and gave him a tight hug, answering the question for myself.
Error: "we find a friend."
I closed my eyes and felt him fade away. I sighed as I opened my eyes again. In my arms was the jacket of my papyrus that died a long time ago. I hugged it tightly and put it in my inventory. As soon as I did the shadows faded from around me and I could see the others in what looked to be their own personal hel*. I better go help them out I slightly chuckled to myself, as I walked towards paps.

Paps: "you're right. I did hurt him. And I was being selfish."
Shadow-Blue: "huh?"
Paps: "but it's time I fixed the mistake I started off with. I need to move on now. And so do you."
Shadow-Blue: "wait what...?"
Paps: "you're sans's shadow right? His own past regrets? You regret not telling me this sooner. Not becoming angry at me. But that's in the past now."
[ACT] hug
Paps: "sans I'm sorry. So please... move on. Even if that means you have to be at peace now."
Shadow blueberry stood shocked for a second in papyrus's arms. But soon his expression turned from shock to teary eyed as he began to cry. The shadow disappearing from his body, turning him into a spirit before slowly fading away.
Ghost-Blue: "thank you papy.... for everything."
Paps: "you're welcome sans."
He looked down to where he was hugging to find sans signature scarf. He sighed as he hugged it and put it back in his inventory.
Error: "so I guess you figured it out huh?"
Paps: "yah. Let's go help the others."
Error nodded as they headed towards Geno who looked like he was having a tougher time with his shadow menace then the other two.

I opened up a portal through the shadow like wall only to find Geno trying to choke his other half to death. We stood there frozen for a second before trying to pull him off of the other.
Geno: "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!"
Error: "Geno! Calm down! Get ahold of yourself!"
Geno was breathing heavily as we finally managed to pull him away from his psychotic rage. But I could tell he was still fuming.
Shadow-Geno: "awww, why'd you stop him? Killing himself is what he wanted after all. Isn't that right? Genocide."
Geno: "I didn't kill them all! I didn't! You have to believe me!"
At this point he was crying and flailing around as if he was possessed by his other half. I watched as his body began to emanate black smoke instead of his usual blue fire magic. His other half was taking over. And he was becoming furious. The other just watched behind us, pleased with what he had done.
Error: "NO!"
Everyone stood shocked and staring at error, even Geno had a complete blank expression on his face.
Error: "no one has to believe you."
Geno: "b... but..."
Error: "Geno think back to what really happened. You passed out cold after trying to escape, you said so yourself! You where in no condition to do anything for anyone yourself. There was nothing you could have done!"
Geno: "I could have stayed! I could have helped...."
Error: "and you also could have gotten yourself killed. And then you would have helped no one. Sacrifice is one thing, but staying behind would have been reckless. It would have been suicide!"
Geno: "but... papyrus..."
Error: "would have died either way, weather you did something about it or not. You tried to stop the human before. Even with extreme amounts of determination in your blood YOU FAILED! It wouldn't have changed anything if you had stayed. It's just like what happened here, you stay, you only get yourself killed along with everyone else."
Geno: "error I..."
Error: "you can't do this on your own. And the only one who has to believe that is you."
Geno: "I know. I'm sorry."
Geno got up and walked over to his shadow counterpart. Head hung low in defeat.
Shadow-Geno: "so what will it be?"
Geno: "you're right."
Shadow-Geno: "what?"
Geno: "maybe, if I had stayed, I could have done something. Maybe even change what happened to the others. Or maybe I could have died alongside them. But I'm much more useful to my friends alive now then I would have been dead if I had taken such a stupid chance like that before. The point is, I'm alive NOW, and I have too long a life ahead of me to be worrying about what could have been."
Geno stepped forward towards his shadowy counterpart.
[ACT] hug
Geno: "and I forgive myself."
Within moments, his counterpart dissolved into nothing, leaving behind his once torn scarf that had belonged to his papyrus. He hugged it and put it in his inventory, watching the shadow walls around him fade into nothingness.
Geno: "and it's time I moved on from that too."
Error: "good job Geno, I knew you had it in you."
Geno: "thanks error."
Paps: "alright who's next then?"
Error: "big bro."