Chapter One

Fyla hadn't PLANNED on breaking into the werewolf kings personal chambers that night. Hell, a few days ago, she hadn't PLANNED on breaking into the castle at all, seeing as it was a suicide mission. But, unfortunately, suicide missions were a part of a broke mercenary's job description.     When Fylas landlord came to her begging her to rescue his mate, who had been arrested by the royal guard, she had initially refused. She may be desperate for money, but she'd rather risk starving to death on the street than torture at the hands of the alpha, who tortures intruders and terrorists personally.      

    Her landlord had threatened to kick her out, seeing that her rent was 3 months late, but she continued to reject his offer.          

Then he threatened to turn her in.         

 So, here she was, rummaging through King Antonios personal belongings for his keys.          All the while he was showering a few yards away.        

  She didn't have much choice about that though. He wore his keys around his neck at all times, so the only time anyone had a shot at snatching his keys, was when he was naked. Seeing as the king didn't sleep around very often, her only shot was the 10 minutes he took to shower.          

Fyla was honestly surprised she had managed to get this far past security already, and that confidence booster was the only thing keeping her from having a full on panic attack and shifting into her red wolf, Alana. That, as well as tricking her mind into thinking that this was just a regular old break in... yeah right. A normal break in wasn't considered treason.          

She opened another drawer and was greeted with a face full of boxers. She immediately went to close it, then saw the glint of something shinny...Bingo!

          It was a brilliant idea, really to hide it in his underwear drawer, really who would of thou...Oh.

          Before she could finish her thought, she lifted up a pair of shiny, grey...handcuffs.          Kinky.  

        She dropped them and let out an embarrassed yelp, a yelp that was much too loud. If, with his hearing which was slightly more advanced than the average werewolf, the king had not heard her before, he had definitely heard her now.  

        She heard the shower stop along with her heart. She froze for half a second in utter terror, listening to the bathroom tile squeak beneath the werewolf's feet. Half a second too long, she realized, and sprung into action, hastily shoving the hand cuffs back into his underwear drawer.  

         Squeak.   

       She scanned the room looking for any glaringly obvious evidence she had to clean up, and then remembered; her scent. 

         Squeak. 

         She hurriedly took out her vial of Scent-Be-Gone spray- when such things were so illegal, you didn't get to be picky about cheesy names- and sprayed herself and the room.          The door knob turned. 

         Just as she was about to leap out the window, she saw another flash of metal coming from the closet, and this time, she knew they were the keys. She made a split second decision that may result in her death.

          The door opened.  

        She only knew this from the sound of it closing right afterward, as she was in the closet of the most dangerous werewolf ever, clutching the keys that would lead to free rent forever against her chest. 

         A low growl came from the bedroom. "Come out, come out wherever you are little thief...reveal yourself and i wont make your death too painful. Maybe." 

        My heart began hammering against my chest as I heard him search the room. 

         The closet door opens.

          I can do nothing but stare in horror as I stare into his quickly darkening brown eyes.The king lets out a humourless chuckle. "Of all the ways I imagined I'd meet my mate..."I freeze.