Part One

Omkara closes his eyes tight as he tried to shut out all the noises and crying. Try as he might, he just couldn't block out the wailing of choti ma and the soft whimpers of Rudra who had been clinging on him. Thankfully, Rudy has calmed down considerably. When the news reached them, everyone had slowly fallen apart except for him. he didn't have the privilege of falling apart because now, he had to fulfill the responsibilities of the eldest son of the family, which Shivaay had so amazingly and effortlessly done for the last three decades to perfection. And Omkara Singh Oberoi couldn't fit in that shoe for even three hours.

Taking a deep breath, Om sternly tells his little brother, "Enough, Rudy. Stop crying."

"Bhaiyaaa." Rudra cries even more as he looked up at Om.

Om quickly hugs Rudra, he was their baby. "Shivaay is fine."

"Then why is he not waking up?" Rudra asks him angrily.

Om helplessly looks at him.

"I am so scared, O."

"Rudy, it's Shivaay. He'll wake up soon. Do you think he would do this to us? He can't hurt us like this. Have faith in Shivaay." Om says, though it was more to himself than Rudra.

Rudra nods as he wiped his tears.

"Now, calm down. I'll talk to Choti Ma and will try to send her home." Om tells him as he stood up.

"She won't go."

"Her staying here is also not going to help much." Om tells Rudra and starts to walk to Pinky.

"Sir." Mishra worriedly says as he blocked Om's way.

"Yes?" Om asks frowning seeing the worried look on his face.

"You need to come with me." Mishra whispers to him.

"What do you mean? Come where?" Om asks confused.

"It's very important."

"It is not." Om could feel his anger rising. "Shivaay is in a coma and nothing is more important than that."

"There is something more important." Mishra whispers to him in a panic.

Fury he never knew he could feel started filling Om, "How dare you?" he was cut off when Mishra's mobile started ringing.

"Khanna, I am coming." Mishra bits out into the phone and quickly hangs up. "Sir, please?"

Om stops in thought, Khanna and Mishra were two of Shivaay's most trusted people and if they were hinting at something very urgent than Shivaay's current condition then there might be something more important. Turning to Rudra, Om quickly tells him, "Rudra, take Choti Ma and Dadi home."

"I am not going anywhere." Pinky replies stubbornly.

"You being here is not going to help Shivaay. So, go home and gather your energy. Coming days are not going to be easy on any of us."

"How dare you say that? You think my son is going to be like this forever?" Pinky asks furiously.

Om closes his eyes in defeat, he couldn't do this. He couldn't take on the responsibilities. It hasn't been even a day and he is failing miserably. He just couldn't do it.

"Sir?" Mishra calls him.

Om nods and starts to walk off.

"O, where are you going?"

Om turns to Mishra for an answer and Mishra in reply shakes his head in negative.

"I've to go somewhere." Om replies because he really didn't know where he was going.