Prologue: Emotions

CRASH!

The glass window broke. About a dozen wolves scrambled into the narrow dormitory lobby, growling and baring their teeth. Something light yellow flashed past from the corner of my eye to in front of me. It was Ookami Senpai. The light yellow that had flashed past was the cloak that he was wearing. "Stay behind me, Ryoumi. They have all been hypnotized."

"Why? Who did this?" I asked.

"I have no time to explain. For the time being, just stay behind me. I'll deal with them."

"But they are your friends!"

"Not now, not when they are drugged like this."

            Ookami senpai took out the dagger that he always hid inside his shoe

Ookami senpai took out the dagger that he always hid inside his shoe. Being the top student in his strategic class, he always believed that using a dagger would make his enemies underestimate his abilities. Dagger fighting required high skill, reactivity and sensitivity to your opponent's every move. Glaring at the wolves, he leaped forward, and thrusted his dagger deep into the foreleg of the first wolf. The wolf howled in anguish as thick, red blood oozed out of its leg. Ookami senpai remained stoic and calm as all the wolves leaped at him simultaneously. In a swift motion, he bent down and poised his body at a position where he could turn his body easily and swished the dagger around the pack of wolves gracefully and skilfully, without a moment of hesitation.

Being hypnotized, the other remaining wolves aren't fazed at all from the defeat of their pack mates. One by one, they howled and opened their mouths wide, jumping toward my direction. I tried to utter the freezing spell to stop their movements, but I was panicking too much to remember the citations. I stared in horror as two of the wolves' teeth was about to sink into my skin at my forearm, but just in time, Ookami Senpai slashed down their snouts. Just like the first wolf, he paralyzed their movements by creating a fatal wound on their forelegs.

"Stay calm, Ryoumi! I'm here! Chant the freezing spell when you're ready!"

Since the both of us are too focused at the wolves in front of us, we did not notice the pack leader of the hypnotized wolves creeping up behind us. I felt a heavy thud at the back of my head, and my vision was suddenly blurred, and my head started feeling really light. "Sen...pai...." I tried to keep my eyes open, at the same time trying to find something to hold on to keep my balance, as I tried to get his attention while I started staggering backwards.

Sensing the change in my movement, Ookami Senpai rushed over to hold me in his arms, after uttering a simple shielding spell around us. The shield wouldn't hold out for more than 30 seconds. I need to regain back my consciousness before the shield's power fades out...

"Hey, hey! What happened?!"

Ookami Senpai felt the back of my head and looked in shock at the thick, wet blood on his hands. Sensing something amiss, he immediately tossed his head to the right and gritted his teeth as he saw the pack leader howling in triumph. As the world slowly closed in around me, the last thing I saw was Ookami Senpai's worried face, worried yet seething in red hot anger.

Besides his usual displeased facade, he rarely shows other emotions, even when he is supposedly happy. It may seem so wrong to feel this way. But I am glad that I am in this state, because he finally revealed his true emotions.