Heartbeat

The sound of a heart beating, it's usually the sound babies find comforting from their mothers. Often times the same could be said about people with their significant others and Tori Vega was no different. One of Tori's favorite thing about her girlfriend Jade was the sound of her beating heart. She found it comforting and soothing. It had in a way become the soundtrack of her life. If she were sad and crying, she'd specifically bury her head in her girl friend's chest when she was being comforted just so she could listen to the soft beats. If they were just cuddling or even after making love, she'd snuggle in her girl's arms and listen to the rhythmic pumping until she was lulled to sleep. If she had a nightmare, she'd quietly roll Jade over onto her back, (as they sometimes turned away from each other in their sleep; can you say body heat? It can get hot) lift Jade's arm around her and rest her head onto her girlfriend's chest. She'd listen until all her fears were melted away and her shaking (if said nightmare was bad enough to cause her to shake) stopped. Jade didn't always wake up when Tori made these "advances" while she slept. She was a heavy sleeper after all but if she did she'd smile to herself and stroke Tori's hair adding extra comfort to the already comforting situation.

Tonight was no different for Tori. Except tonight Tori just couldn't sleep. She felt restless and just couldn't get comfortable. So like many nights before this, she turned over toward Jade and softly put a hand on the goth's arm and turned her over. She paused to smile at the other girl's sleeping form. She kissed her girlfriend lightly on the corner of her mouth and smiled slightly when she saw the girl smile in her sleep. She then lifted Jade's arm and laid her head down on Jade's chest. She then moved her girlfriend's arm around her body an focused on listening to her favorite sound. Thump- Thump. Thump-Thump. The Latina smiled to herself finally beginning to relax. Then she felt the grip around her torso tighten and knew Jade had awakened.

"You ok, baby?" Jade asked her voice thick with sleep. Tori would never tell her how adorable her sleepy voice sounded.

Tori snuggled herself more into Jade's chest. "I am now."

Jade smiled and ran her fingers through her girlfriend's hair. She hummed a soft tune lightly so Tori could still hear her favorite sound until both girls were sound asleep. Thump-thump. Thump-thump.
------
I promise I'm trying to come back to you guys! This little Drabble was written and based around a time just a few months before my boyfriend broke up with me. So between that and trying to figure out and understand some feelings I've never felt before, it's been a bit of a struggle to write. I'm doing the best I can though. I can assure that.
I have mixed feelings with this one as you can probably guess but decided not to pass up on posting it as it is kind of cute right?