Unclosed endings

Day 106

Character- Eragon

Words-266

"He's dead Eragon, Roran is dead." As Katrina spoke numbness overtook Eragon, his thoughts going a hundred miles an hour, yet they also were standing completely still.

His mouth hung completely open, his jaw dropping slowly. "H-how?" he choked out.

"Someone found yesterday morning in the barn stone cold dead. Nobody was able to identify the cause of death, he's just dead." Katrina's face was blank, betraying no emotion, shadowing Eragon's own regained neutral face. "I had him cremated last night and we spread his ashes in the Anora river this morning."

Trying to bite back his overwhelming emotions, he managed to speak. "And you just thought to tell me now, of my cousin- nay my brother's death?"

"I am sorry Eragon, I am so sorry."

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

Rain poured down harshly from above, pounding onto his skin. Saphira landed harshly is the slick mud of the island Eoam. Through the thick curtain of rain, he saw a figure. The figure drew closer as Eragon got off Saphira's now very large back. Eragon turned around once his feet touched the ground, the figure now much more distinguishable. Finally he saw a face, a wrinkled and weathered face, a long silver beard hid the man's lower portion of his face. The man's broad shoulders were hunched over from age, and his feet bare. It was not those features on the man that startled Eragon, nor the vaguely familiar hammer that sat on the man's waist. But it was the man's grey eyes that boor into Eragon's own brown ones.