Chapter 1: Who To Trust?

I've been sitting in my room just staring at the wall for a while now. What else am I supposed to do? I just found out about my parents death. The worst part? It wasn't just a 'ordinary' crash. Someone did it on purpose.

The main thing I have been pondering about is, What have I done?

Everyone at school likes me (or, so I thought). What Have I done to someone to make them hate me this much. To want to kill me?!

The only bad thing I can think of That I did wrong to someone was when I was six. I stole the next door neighbor son's shovel for my sandbox I had in my backyard. I was 6! I didn't know that was Stealing! I basically just 'Borrowed' it anyways. My mom made me give it back, but I still gave it back didn't I?! That boy had a hissy fit.

Now, the main problem is.....Who To Trust?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to school the next day looking like I've just rolled around in dog sh*t. My hair is a messy mess, I'm wearing sweatpants,a baggy t-shirt,and flipflops. I didn't even bother to put my contacts in so, basically I am wearing my Huge nerd glasses.

Everyone has been giving me pitiful looks and stuff. I've been on the look out for 'out-Of-the-ordinary' actions and looks people have been giving me, but the only thing I can see that is Different is 'HIGHSCHOOL SUX' spraypainted on some lockers.

I don't even know if I could even trust my friends anymore. I feel like crying. I'm pretty sure a single stray tear rolled down my cheek, but I can't be to sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"MAYBELLE?! YOU HOME GIRL?" I scream out to my cousin's locked door. "MAYBELLE OPEN UP THIS DAMN DOOR GIRL!"

"Hold up, Dipsh*t!" she yells back to me. I stiffle a Giggle and wait not so paitently for her to open the door. "What?" She asks as she opens the door.

Maybelle is my Closest cousin. She is my age and is BEAUTIFUL. She has Curly red hair that goes down to her waist,pretty big green eyes,full pink lips,Button nose,and a Perfect slendy curvy body. I envy her to be exact.

"Did you hear the news about Mommy and Daddy,May?" I ask her with tears in my eyes. She looks at me with a evil glint in her eyes, but the glint dissappears after a couple seconds.

"Are they having another cook out? I LOVE their homemade Pasta salad. It's DE BEST!" she shouts with a smile and Somewhat hopeful eyes.

I shake my head and the tears flow over,"n-no... T-they d-died,May!" I cry to her. I completely break down for the first time since I heard about the death.

"Oh my god." She whispers and a couple tears stroll down her petite face.

I nod and hug her tightly. "I miss them so much,Maybelle! What am I going to do without them?!" I ask her while
clinging to her pink baggy T-shirt.

"Hey hey..... Calm down! How about we go take a nap, bæ?" She asks me with a gentle smile on her face, but her eyes are still glossy. I can tell she is trying to be strong for me.

"That sounds like a good idea." I sniffle and rubbing my nose.

She guides me into her room and we snuggle up on her pink polka dotted bed.

I was on the verge of sleeping when I heard something I quite didn't understand.

"I hope you get what you deserve,Carmen."

---------------------•-------------

The next day I went to school, I looked a little more presentable.

I'm wearing a mint skater skirt,while cropped tank top, and white converse. I grabbed my mint beanie and placed it on my blonde curly hair.

When I walked into school I was heading to my first class of the day, when I get pulled into a janitors closet.

I almost screamed, but my kidnapper covered my mouth with their hand.

I bit down on it and they yelped.

"What was that for?!" The males voice said.

"Who are you?!" I yell at the mysterious voice. They turned on the lights and I came face to face with non other then Nash Scott the biggest badboy around.

"What do you want, Nash?!" I yell while throwing my hands around to add more effect basically.

"I can help you." He says simply. Help me with what?

"Help me with what?" I ask him while looking at him in curiosity.

"Finding the people who killed your parents." He says like I was stupid. How was I supposed to know?! I have a lot on my mind right now.

"How do I even know I can trust you?"I mumble at him while looking down at the floor because tears are threatening to fall.

"Because my parents also died just like yours. The same person did this to your and my parents. We could help each other. Please. I have been meaning to talk to you ever since you ran out of the room when you answered your phone, and when you said your parents died I knew right then and there that the same person killed yours as well because the same thing happened to me. They called me in the classroom,left me a note, and said it wasn't a accident." He explains. Wow. Damn!

He takes out the note and hands it to Me. I take out mine and sure enough it's the same signature.

Guess it's not to play investigator with the badboy, huh?

-----------------------------------

I was meaning to write this and i finally did!