Yugakure Onsen

"Why send us to do something so menial, un" Deidara muttered to himself.

"Capturing Sunagakure's jinchuuriki was a much better way to showcase my art!"

It was getting late in the day, the setting sun had bled a deep red over the darkening sky and nestled itself on a far hill. They had been travelling for days. Pein had tasked them with travelling to the mysterious Yugakure. Hidan's immortality was of great interest to the Akatsuki and little was known as to how it had been obtained, Deidara and Sasori had been instructed to find out. Secret infiltration of Yugakure for information. The pair had been instructed to complete their mission in stealth and therefore had exchanged their Akatsuki attire for normal shinobi wear.

"I mean, aren't these losers meant to be pacifists or something? Ha, how boring! Are you sure Hidans from this village? Ah, I'm tired let's just get this over with Sasori no Danna, un!"

Deidaras eyes were half closed and a dreamy look was painted across his face as he dragged himself over the wood bridge to Yugakure.  He was absolutely not taking this seriously.

Something that aggravated Sasori to his core.

This village was small and insignificant, the mission was tedious but the land they were in was beautiful. There was no denying. As they walked over the bridge, the last remnants of hazy evening sun glistened off the river below. They could see steam rising ahead from Yugakure's numerous onsen, one of the only things it was known for.

Sasori rubbed his temples, annoyance starting to etch itself across his face.

"Shut your mouth, brat. Let's just get on with it" he half muttered to himself, it was late and his patience was worn, it had been a long journey with no rest.

Sasori wasn't fatigued in the slightest, he needed no rest. Deidara on the other hand...Sasori absolutely needed his partner in good shape. Who knew what could be waiting for them ahead if anyone had gotten wind of the Akatsukis movements.

Deidara yawned lazily. Sasori smirked as he remembered the weakness of a human body.

"We're resting for the night" Sasori spoke authoritatively, a voice that Deidara knew there was no point arguing with.

Still, Deidara threw his arms up in mock rage.

"What?! I was ready to show this pathetic village a sample of my art! I don't need rest, I'm ready to go, un!"

Sasori was already walking towards a nearby onsen, his hazel eyes narrowing with every word that spilled from Deidaras mouth. Why had he been paired with the youngest, most infuriating member?

Deidara watched as Sasori walked inside the onsen and through the beautifully carved, ornate wooden door and out of sight. The blonde dropped his arms and pouted in resignation. There's no point arguing with Sasori no Danna, he thought.

There's no one more stubborn than him.

Deidara followed his partner into the onsen, as he stepped inside, the entrance was empty. The counter, deserted. Where was everyone? Had the village received word of their movements?
He eyed the place suspiciously. In front of him was the door to the changing area. He pushed through. Still empty.

"Why would Sasori no Danna want to come to a place like this? He's a puppet, un" He thought out loud half in amusement, half in confusion.

Normally, he wouldn't have gone along with this, normally he would have charged ahead and set the whole village alight.

Fuck the leader.

But he was tired, it had been days, his body was aching. Deidara pulled his grey shirt over his head, revealing his tan, lean body and undressed himself. His reached up lazily and pulled his golden hair down so it fell down his back. After he put on one of the robes provided, he sighed and pushed the door to the onsen open.