New Game

I laid awake in bed on a Friday morning at 6 AM. My N64 controller was resting on my lap as I remembered playing a few video games last night. I didn’t want to get up for school since  it was literally a living hell. School would be so much better if we had no homework or tests. Honestly, I never have a problem with anyone as long as they stay away from me and leave me alone. I got up leaving my warm, soft sheets and heading to my closet opening the doors to reveal clothing of all sorts hanging up. I chose (Clothes choice) and slipped out of my PJs and into them. I did my normal daily routine by combing my hair, brushing my teeth, and put on a little mascara (Or other makeup/none) I looked at myself in the mirror before heading out of the bathroom.

I skipped to the kitchen, as a plate of (favorite breakfast) was on the table. I looked around seeing my parents weren’t around. I figured they were still in bed or somewhere around the house. I eyed a piece of paper sitting by the meal walking over to it. I examined the slip.

   “Dear (Y/n),

         I had to get called into work pretty early for the business trip I had to attend and your Father is staying with Grandpa for the weekend due to his sickness. No parties or any sort! You can have friends come over if you want, but please don’t get into too much trouble. See you Monday, Sweetie! If you need anything please contact me or your dad asap.

Mom”

Sighing, I set the paper back down on the table. My mom has been very busy with work recently and My dad is worrying over Grandpa since he has been very sick lately and wants to spend as much time with him as possible. I sat down, devouring my breakfast. I put the plate into the sink as soon as I got done and headed out the door. I never bothered to take a bus since school was fairly close. And riding a bus would seem to get annoying with all the loud students. A few orange and red leaves were carried by the wind, flowing past me. The weather was nice, not too hot or too cold. Fall always looked so pretty and relaxing. Except the peaceful silence was interrupted by shouting. I looked to the right of me, seeing a man talking to a boy and his Mother. The man was dressed in a black hoodie and worn up jeans. His brown hair was greasy and his blue eyes had bags under them. I was assuming he was trying to give something to the family with an object in his hand, but they refused. Or that is what I assumed, I could be wrong.

I carried onward to school ignoring the situation. It came into view each step I took. The sound of buses and talking teenagers filled my ears as I got closer to the School. I walked into the doors of the High School going straight to my locker as usual. At least my locker was close enough to where I wouldn’t be late to any of my classes. I approached the locker, turning the combo and getting a few text books and other supplies such as pencils, paper, rulers, etc. I closed the locker with a slam and headed to my first class period. Math. I wasn't the best at math, but I was decent at it. I walked up the stairs and turned right walking down the hall with the sound of my footsteps echoing. I finally got to my class and sat down in my desk setting my books and stuff down ontop. I sighed and waited for class to start. A few kids started to run into class and sat down at their desks. I looked at my phone while listening to music. Going on social media was always interesting. Just about when I was relaxing, a hand slammed on my desk. I jumped and looked up seeing a raven haired boy with brown eyes looking down at me. My (eye color) irises glared at him and I slowly took an earbud out of my ear.

"What do you want??" I questioned him. He held his hands up in defense. "Hey, No need to get so defensive."

"No need to be slamming your hand on my desk to get my attention." I spat crossing my arms. The boy seemed to be amused as he watched me. "Someone's sassy this morning." Chuckling, he sat in the seat in front of me as he was now facing me.