I: Elizabeth

(This book goes in chapters by Roman Numerals. And each chapter is a different persons point of view.)

I walked through the main entrance of Wind Pointe. It flashed through my mind the day I opened the letter and saw I got a scholarship. Though, it did help that my sister went here. She's already in her 3rd year. I didn't bother to look around as I headed to the main desk.

"Excuse me." I asked, looking at the woman sitting in the chair. She was typing on the computer. The woman looked up and flashed a bright white smile. Her hair was brown with some gray hairs. And her eyes a pale gray. Few wrinkles lined her olive skin.

"How can I help you miss?" I felt a bit of proudness go through me as she called me 'miss'. I smiled.

"Hi. I got a scholarship here, my name's Elizabeth Kate. My sister goes here. I'm here to check in." The woman got up from her chair and walked over to a pile of papers.

"Ah. Miss Kate. We've been expecting you. Welcome to Wind Pointe. I'm Mrs. Willow, also the librarian." She hands me a map and a list of my classes.

"Your dorm is the top floor room 488." She points to the elevator to the left of me. A few students walk out, and wave to me. I wave back. Normally your only supposed to share a dorm with someone in your grade, but my sister made an exception.

"Thank you." The woman nods and sits in her chair and starts typing again. I take a deep breath and head to the elevator. I haven't seen my sister since Christmas. I hop into the elevator and press the button for the top floor. I hold my suitcase in my right hand. My heart beats fast. I always get nervous. The elevator stops at level two and a girl steps in about my age. I wave to her as she steps in.

"What floor are you going too?" She asks me. Her Ginger hair cascading down her shoulders in tight curls. Her skin is pale as she's covered in freckles. She's a half foot taller than me as her eyes are a dark green. She wears off black jeans and a black top. Her shoes a white flat.

"6." I say after a long pause. She smiles.

"Same here. I was just visiting a friend. Is it your first year here?" She questions me. I nod, and look at her, feeling a bit awkward.

"It's my second year. You'll get used to it. If you don't have anyone to sit with at lunch, I'll be here." The elevator opens as she steps out and walks down to her dorm. I stand still and admire her confidence. I quickly walk out before the doors shut again. The smell of flowers fill the air as I feel like I'm going to sneeze.

"Alright. Room 488." I walk quickly through the corridors, hoping I don't bump into more people. I really don't want to be late. I told Kennedy I'd be there at 1:00. It's 1:05.

"485, 486, 487, 488!" Our room is at the very end of the hallway. It's a little dark, but it will do. I breathe in, trying to hold in my excitement. I knock on the door. I hear footsteps coming near. A green eye pops through the roomhole and I hear a gasp. The door slams open as my sister embraces me in a big hug. The smell of cherries. She always smells like cherries.

"Your here! It feels like ages!" She smiles and I smile back as Kennedy pulls me into her room. Her dark chestnut hair curly and at her collar bone. Brown freckles line her nose as she bashes her long eyelashes. She wears of light jeans and a white blouse.

"The rooms bigger than I thought." I look around and automatically see a massive window letting in a bunch of light. On either side is two queen beds. To my right is a door to the kitchen, to the left is the bathroom. We both have dressers. Hers has a TV on top. I plant my suit case next to my bed. I have the one closest to the kitchen. The sheets are white and fluffy as I fall backwards on them. I notice the window has a red flower growing in a pot.

"I could definitely get used to this." Kennedy laughs. I notice a desk in the corner of the room. Guess thats where we do our work.

"Yeah it's pretty nice. Our room is a bit bigger because it's at the end." I smile and sniff the air.

"Are you making pizza?" She smiles.

"Pepperoni." I laugh and rush into the kitchen.

"You where always the cook of the family." The time goes off and she quickly grabs her mittens and opens the oven, letting a cloud of hot air out.

"We'll save this for later. So what's your classes?" I shrug and walk back out to our beds. I grab the list Mrs. Willow gave me. I look through it.

"Normal classes I guess." My sister gives me the eye roll.

"You sound like your in middle School." Kennedy grabs the list from my hand and looks over it.

"You have the same classes I did, except you have languages. I told you to do it over the summer." I smile as she's talking like mom.

"Well I had to help volunteer at the humane society every day. Plus Mom and Dad need help setting up the new house." Kennedy nods and looks at me.

"You need to freshen up." She points to the bathroom.

"It's not my fault it's fall and it's 90 degrees out." My sister laughs and I smile, walking to the bathroom. I sigh. It's good to be back with her. I look in the mirror at myself. My light brown hair up to my shoulders with a slight wave. My brown eyes look tired. I take a deep breath. I should wash up. I put the water on for the shower and jump in. Thoughts go through my mind. Will I do okay here? Will I make friends? My mind drifts to the red head in the elevator. I never catched her name. Guess I could always sit with her for lunch. My skin pale with a slight tan. I quickly jump out and wrap a towel around me. I walk out of the bathroom and don't see Kennedy.

"My suitcase..." I pull it up onto the bed and grab jeans and a shirt. The sky was getting darker as I checked the time. 6:00. Time really does go by fast. I slip on my clothes and go into the kitchen sure enough Kennedy is there.

"Feel better? Classes start tomorrow." I shrug. And take a seat at the little eating stable facing out another window.

"I mean the first day of kindergarten was nerve-racking. This should be too. But I'm not that nervous. I'll meet people. Besides. I'll come back here at 3:00 and see you. Maybe you can help with my work." She lets out a slight giggle.

"More like your going to be the one helping me. Listen. I made plans with friends Friday for dinner. I thought it would be a good way for you to meet some people." I let out a quick smile.

"Yeah sure." Kennedy finishes making the salad. And places a piece of pizza on my plate and a bowl of greens.

"So how does it taste." I take a bit of the pizza, taking in 2 pieces of pepperoni. I chew it slowly, savoring every bit of it.

"Like it always does. Amazing." She shakes her head.

"I tried a new recipe for the sauce." I smiled. I've been doing that a lot since I got here.

"So do mom and dad like it in California?" I nod, and take another bite of pizza.

"They sure do but I have to say flying here to London is quite a trip. Of course I had to sit next to a man who snores." Kennedy laughs which caused me to laugh.

"It's always you Elizabeth." I nod.

"Trust me I know." I finish the slice of pizza and start eating the salad.

"Listen I've been thinking. Your going to be here awhile, so I thought why not have TV night every Thursday. It's just a way to clear our minds." I nod.

"Sounds good to me. As long as you make this too." I finish the salad.

"You should go to bed. We have to wake up early tomorrow." I sigh and wash my plates off. I don't bother changes my clothes, but just plop down in my bed, comforting myself in the warm fluffy sheets. My eyes grow heavy. This isn't that bad. 8 years and I'll be done with school, I'll hopefully be successful. I think of Kennedy. Beautiful Kennedy. She should have no problem getting out of this place. I close my eyes and can only think about the night sky.