Inevitable Truth

'Everybody has a different way of showing that they're troubled.' 

That's what they told me. I sat down on the cold benches. It was around midnight when I went to see him. Chase, who had dark black hair and bright blue eyes, was the only one who understood me. I waited for him. He didn't show. I waited for him every night, but tonight he didn't show. 

I wiped off the tears that slid down my cheeks, a menacing laugh withdrew from my mouth. I stood up, dusting invisible specks off my clothing to seem less awkward. It really didn't matter,no one was there to see me. What a waste of time. I walked to the tree where I first met him at. Climbiing onto the third branch, I sat. I sat and I cried. The damp moss on the branches wettened my pants. The air felt light, always a sign that he wasn't there. 

...

Four months earlier...

"Elle! Hurry up! The truck's here!" My dad yelled through the empty house, his voice echoed through, all the way to my room. 

"Ok." I said softly. 

I took one last look at my room, breathing it in. I shut my eyes, then opened them. I closed the door. My mother was a baker, the bakery decided that it would set itself on fire so my uncle let my mom have this vacant lot in Verona Heights. My father is a police officer, we knew it'd be very hard to start over so he mad sure he'd gotten a job here before we left.

Verona Heights, which is so different from San Fransisco, was going to be our 'new home'. 

My older brother, my older sister and the twins already left. They were excited on getting their own rooms. I can't stand the fact that we'd leave our three bedroom house on the hills, where we have a great view of everything. Although, I'm glad I didn't have to sleep in the attic. The previous owner had a roach infestation and it didn't turn out pretty. I was rarely in there. The twins and Jake had to share the master bedroom, leaving mom and dad with the medium sized one and Katie with the smallest. 

The drive was at least three hours, mom and dad were giggling and laughing all the way. I hated it.

We pulled up to a grand house, it was white and had bricks all over the bases, the bright red door made it look so much better. I took my bag and exited the car as my dad began to drive again. No, I cannot like this house... The yard was gated with long bushes with vines growing on the large metal fences. There was a brick walkway that led up to the door. The grass was green and not shitty. A three car garage was empty and open as dad and Jake parked the cars. We walked in to see a very high ceiling with an intense chandelier. 

"Wow! Isn't this gorgeous!" My mom said as she played with my hair. She walked towards the kitchen. 

"Yeah, it's great." I lied.

"Oh my god! Look at this kitchen!" Although I hated this place, I loved seeing her happy.

The marble floor had a pretty glare against the bright sun on the windows. There was a huge spiral staircase. I walked up the steps, turning left, there was one door on the end of the left side. I opened it to see a flight of stairs, I walked up and saw an awesome room. The wall was part brick and wood. The shiny floor looked amazing. There were stain glass windows that reflected onto the floor. It was beautiful. I guess this was my room. 

Jake took the first door on the left, it was a large room with gray carpets. Katie took the one from across his. The twins took the one next to Jake, one that was divided by a bathroom from mine. Katie had her own bathroom, the boys shared, and I had one in here. Mom and dad, taking the only room on the right side of the second floor, had a huge room,  the size of our living room in San Fransisco. They had their own bathroom. Another one beside their room door, and the washer and dryer were in a small room next to theirs. 

After we moved the beds in, I went to bed. I didn't want to think anymore, just to sleep.