thirty-seven

before:

 the day she lost her wallet
———

hyun bin stood, his hoodie laying gently on his curls as he tapped his foot against the floor. he scanned his surroundings before sliding his fingers into his pocket and taking out his phone. "are you almost done with your shift, rin?" he asked into his phone, looking over to where she stood. 

ae rin sighed, keeping her focus on the cup of coffee she was filling up for a customer. "why do you want to know?"

hyun bin let out a low chuckle, his tongue clicking in annoyance. "i see jeon jeongguk," he responded, ignoring her previous question. "you know what that means, rin."

ae rin felt her breathe hitch, her fingers unconsciously tightening against the cup of coffee. "i...i thought you said that we don't have to do it anymore..." her voice zoned out as she raised her head and looked around the café.

she immediately spotted hyun bin's familiar pair of eyes.

"boss had a change of plans," he told her, laughing on his own. 

ae rin looked away, making eye contact with jeon jeongguk for a split second before handing the costumer his cup of coffee and making her way into the back. she pressed on the flashing red button on her screen as she took off her apron and grabbed her belongings. 

her heart beat quickened. 

"it's okay, ae rin," she whispered to herself, "it probably won't be that bad."

she raised her hand to her chest, telling her co-worker that she was heading off for the day. 

she locked eyes with hyun bin as she walked away, and spotted her wallet laying under jeon jeongguk. 

"it'll be okay, ae rin," she continued to say. "it'll be okay."

but it wasn't okay.

it never was. 

-

jdnjsndijsdiojwqidjwidnsdnndnsadnndkwdkwidjwkd

im like so sad rn bc this could be 100x better but i really really hope this doesn't disappoint in any way???

thank you for waiting a while for this update aHHHHH i'll try my best to update (seeing that this is coming to an end) pls don't kill me 

ae rin looks so bad rn and gahhhhh i hope you guys aren't too quick to judge her 

- nehal