XVIII

Everything was building up; turning into this big mess he didn't think he could take, so Louis did what he should've done years ago. He told Harry exactly how he felt.

"Hey Haz, do you have a moment?" he asks nervously. Harry just nods confusedly and sets his book aside. "I- I think you know what this is about." He murmurs softly. "There's really no two ways about it so I'm just going to spit it out. I... I love you." He says quietly.

Harry doesn't respond for a straight minute, and then he gets up and starts walking away. "Harry, please don't walk away from me, love. Just say something." He calls loudly.

"I don't know what to say Lou. I've never looked at you in that light. I've not had the time to! In the last year I've been through the worst breakup of my life, lost a baby and now I'm pregnant with the child of a man who is in love with me! And I'm not even in the position to say whether or not I love him back." Harry snaps angrily. Louis takes Harry's hands.

"Haz, I'm so sorry I put you in this position." He kisses his hands. "I uh I'm willing to leave, like, for good, I don't want you to have any kind of stress. Heaven knows you don't need that. Take all the time you need and I guess, I mean, all I ask from you is that you don't disappear on me. I need you around." He says slowly, trying to keep his voice level.

Harry angrily pulls his hands away. "I can't do this. Not now. I- I'm gonna go stay with my mum for a while. Please don't text or call me, I'll come back once I'm ready to talk. I won't disappear forever. I promise." He gets up.

"Harry-

"No Lou, please, just let me handle this my way. I don't think I can do this right now. I need time, please. I need to think about this, you just made a huge confession okay?"

Louis looks down and nods. "I understand, I'll be here when you're ready to talk."

Harry nods as well and smiles weakly, going to his room to start packing.

-x-x-

Louis calls his mum once Harry is gone.

"Ma?" he murmurs, voice cracking a little.

"Baby boy, hi, are you okay?" she asks worriedly.

"Yeah, yeah mum I'm okay. Just miss you lots, is all. How are the twins? And the girls? How are you?" Louis asks.

"The twins are great, they're growing up so fast; the girls miss you. Lottie got a job so she's very excited about that. And Dan is doing so well and Daisy just won spelling bee. I'm great; all my babies are doing well so even I'm happy and healthy."

Louis smiles. "That's brilliant ma, I wish I could be there. I miss you so much."

"I miss you too, baby, we'll try to visit soon yeah? We'll definitely be there for Ernie and Doris' first birthday. How are you? How's Harry?" when Louis doesn't reply, Jay freaks out a little. "Louis? Is he okay? Did something happen?"

"No ma, don't freak out." He quells her fears and explains the entire situation.

"First of all, love, I wanna tell you I'm so bloody proud of you. You finally told him. I'm sorry it didn't go over too well, but trust me on this one Lou, he's gonna come around, both of you are made for each other okay? He loves you just as much. Give him the time he needs. He will come back to you." Louis calms down a little and thanks his mother. They talk for a little while and finally, Louis hangs up.

Louis tries his best not to think about Harry or his child but to no avail. So he does the only thing he can think of, he calls Zayn and orders him to come over