The underground

Intro: My name is Ryder Yates. I had a so called normal life growing up I went to school, lived in a middle class family, and had my three best friends. Everything changed three years ago. My father was murdered, as for myself I was kidnapped leaving my mother and my sister Malia to live with the grief of my father and mystery of my disappearance. My mother has given up, she lives as though I'm dead, there's no hope. Hope is all my sister Malia has. I remember my father telling me a story when I was young, he would say "there was an old abandon building that used to be a bank. Underneath the bank were four organizations that would work against each other to achieve the victory of one common enemy." I never understood the story, all that mattered at the age of six was the sense of adventure my dad told. Seventeen years later, three years underground being stabbed, beaten, shot, and used I may have found the enemy they're after. Police have stopped the investigation, I need to find the exit myself. I've learned but by learning I've become, become the enemy, my enemy. The murder of my father plays over and over in my head whenever I close my eyes. You may be thinking why haven't I just left and I can't answer that, it's just a basement of an abandon building right? No it isn't. I have no desire to run home anymore, my younger sister Malia would look at me as a stranger who had just killed her brother, my friends would assume I am monster, and my mother would see me as a murderer. My existence is better off kept a secret for the safety and stability of the place, and the people I love. Seven years ago, on my sixteenth birthday my father gave me an old, torn up, beige journal. I have never used it until I got to the underground. This is my story.