Tell Me a Lie: Chapter 1 (A One Direction Fanfic)

HARRY'S POV

"New kid. Check it out," Liam said as he slid into the benchlike table we always claim as ours every lunch.

Liam nodded toward the lost-looking new kid searching for a place to sit in the crowded cafeteria. His fingers drummed the bottom of his lunch tray as he looked from wall to wall, finally choosing a spot in the corner.

"He's cute," Kayla, Zayn's gorgeous girlfriend, announced. "So cute," Bricela, Niall's girlfriend, echoed. Kayla and Bricela had this weird psychic connection that always left them thinking similar things. Yet, they were so different. Kayla was a nice tan color with dark brown hair and brown eyes. Bri was more of an olive color with green eyes and curly hair. They may have both been hot, and I mean HOT, but Kayla was the genuinely nice one, while Bricela was a naggy bitch. Sometimes I wonder why Niall is even with her.

I guess you would call us "The Popular Kids." I mean, everyone DID stare at us while we walked down the halls. Plus, we were all good looking.

Zayn was always a heartbreaker. Especially with those brown eyes and that ten million dollar smile of his. He was tall and handsome. And he knew it. He knew that by dating Kayla, he was leaving a string of broken hearts behind. And, Liam Payne's father was the founder of Toaster Strudel, meaning he was rich. But that didn't stop him from being a nice guy. Liam was always the helpful type. Those warm brown eyes always made you want to be friends with him. Then, there was his absolute best friend. Niall Horan. The Irish kid with blonde hair and blue eyes. Niall was the president of almost every club. He was good at everything. But, I was better. Not to sound like a douche, but it's true.

The lads always teased the way girls looked at me. They'd make puppy eyes batting their eyelashes at me, laughing. "Look at those precious curls!" "Look at the pearly smile!" the boys would mock. And it's true. That's EXACTLY the way girls were around me. Not that I didn't enjoy the attention. Hell, I even got it from guys.

I turned my focus back to the new kid. Suspenders, skinny pants, perfectly quaffed hair. This guy HAD to be gay. Great.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOUIS POV

I knew this day was going to be shit. Honestly, who wants to start out at a new school during senior year after being forced to move schools due to bullying.

Yes, I'm gay. And right now, I couldn't give a crap about anyone who didn't like it.

"Hey, uh, you're the new kid, right? Hi, I'm Gilberto." Gilberto. Interesting name. I smiled up at him, "Hi, I'm Louis. Would you like to sit?" Gilberto was cute. Skinny, but cute.

"So, what school were you at last?" Should I tell him? Would he be interested in the fact that I went to an all boys school? And that I was forced to move because of the fact that I'm gay? Or would he be weirded out? "I went to an all boys school down in Doncaster. But, I moved down here because," I hesitated, "my mom moved jobs." I was afraid of what he was going to say if I admitted my homosexuality. I wasn't ready to tell people. But maybe i was making it a bit too obvious.

He smiled, "Cool." I could tell he wanted to say something. Could he tell? I laughed at the awkward silence. "Um, are you gay?"

That was it. I knew he wanted to say something. No use in lying. "Yes. That's actually most of the reason I left my school. I was bullied alot. I hope you don't mind." His eyes beamed. "No, it's fine!" His smile was beaming as much as his eyes were.

He didn't mind! WOW! Coolness. Maybe this school wouldn't be so bad.