Chapter one

"Hey, Marah?" I looked at the camera as I FaceTimed my friend, tossing my Pikachu plushie back and forth in the air. Marah's warm brown eyes stared at me, a grin stuck on his face.

"Yeah, Taylor?" He bit his lip. "What is it?"

I blushed, taking a deep breath. "I have a question."

"Yeah?" An impatient look was in his eyes, frowning as he waited for my question. I opened my mouth to speak, but someone ran into Marah's room, laughing.

Kennedy laughed as she chased Olivia around the room, saying something about pizza. Sure enough, there was a cold looking pizza in Ken's hands.

Olivia screeched and Marah winced. I scratched my neck, chuckling nervously.

I can't ask him; not yet.

"I forgot they spent the night," I said, sighing. Marah had an apologetic look on his face. "You can ask me later- we're about to go to Walmart. They're a bit..."

"Excited?" I offered. He laughed. "Yeah, that's the word."

Ken laughed as she slapped the pizza against Olivia's cheek. Olivia somehow got out from under Kennedy and leaped out of the room. Kennedy chased Olivia, snickering.

I laughed- those two are just hilarious. "I love those two."

Marah frowned, a look of disappointment in his eyes. "Just those two?"

"No, not just those two. I mean, I don't exactly love them. They, uh, are pretty funny. It was a matter of speech. Um, I don't love you guys that way. I don't know you that way- or like you that way." I blubbered on and on and Marah's face darkened. "Because, that would just... Make things... Awkward?" I tried to stay cool, but with every word, Marah somehow got even more... Sad?

Why would he be sad?

"Listen, Taylor," Marah sighed, rubbing a hand across his face. "I have to go to Wal-Mart. I'll talk to you later, I guess."

He leaned in to end the call, and I frowned. "I feel like I hurt your feelings?"

Marah paused, staring at me. "I don't know, Taylor. I've been dropping hints- you've either not noticed them or you just don't like me." His eyes saddened. "By the way you just defended yourself, I'm sure you don't like me in any way. Except for the friend-way."

He continued, his voice cracking. "I may not be online later."

He ended the call while I sat there, frozen.

"'Hints? Like me that way'?" I face palmed myself. "Oh my God, I'm so stupid. Here I was, insanely nervous as I tried to ask him out, all while he was secretly crushing on me?"

I groaned. "Oh, my God." I repeated that phrase over and over again. How could I not notice? I just hurt the nicest boy in the world's feelings.

I can't believe myself.

I tried to call him again, but he didn't answer. I called him again and again, but he still wouldn't answer. By my twenty-sixth call, he answered, his eyes bloodshot. "What? What is so important that you called me twenty-six times?!"

My voice cracked. "I'm sorry. I was so nervous you didn't feel the same that I ruined everything."

Marah frowned. "I don't understand, Taylor. Get to the point."

"I'm sorry," I cried, my lower lip trembling. "I like you, Marah. So much that I answer all your calls, answer every message immediately, watch every live.ly, your musical.lys, everything! I wake up early in the morning just so I can talk to you if you need me. But I never noticed you felt the same. I'm so sorry, I was so worried, I didn't notice how you felt."

I wiped my tears, sniffing as Marah's eyes widened in realization.

"You... You do?" His hand flew up to his mouth. I nodded, wiping my nose.

I wrapped my jacket tighter around me. "You're still mad, though, aren't you?"

A tear slowly slid down Marah's face as he stared at me. "No, Taylor. I'm happier than ever." He smiled, running a hand through his hair.

"You look so broken," he said, his eyes capturing me in a strong gaze.

"I'm not, though," I squeezed my Pikachu plushie. "Not anymore."

Marah sighed. "I just want to hug you."

"I want to hug you, too, Marah. But I'm sure it can be arranged- I've been saving up money for plane tickets." I held up my wallet, grinning. Marah gasped.

"You did not."

"Yeah, I did." I laughed. I sniffed- my nose was still snotty from me crying earlier. Marah wiped his tears with a sleeve.

"It's funny how not too long ago today we were talking about Walmart," Marah said, and I snorted.

And we laughed.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

It escalated quickly, I know. I'm thinking of probably making this a one-shot book, or maybe I can continue with some ideas, making it an entire book. I just don't know- I'm honestly a little worried if this wasn't very good.

Personally, I have some pretty great ideas for this if it were to become a story, but, like I said earlier, I'm not sure.

Marah and Taylor are/were always asking for fanfics and stuff, y'know? They're like my OTP. The both of them are insanely precious- I hope they realize that.

This was all over the place, I'm sorry if it wasn't that good. If any of you are still reading this- or have even read the first words and have not gotten disgusted, bless you.

The authors note is probably longer than the chapter.

Oops?

They're just to fookin precious Im gonna die