PREFACE.

_______

A BOY stood waiting at the bus stop, where it was supposed to come by in about 15 minutes. he absently fiddled with his phone, playing some game he bought last night. it was a hot summer day in late july, which meant he would be starting class again at private school in a few weeks.

not paying much attention to his surroundings, he glanced up when he heard a phone ringing near him. he hadn't even noticed someone else was at the stop. and he almost wishes he hadn't, because right then and there it's as if his whole world stopped spinning for a second.

a girl was talking on the phone, smiling at whatever the person on the other side was saying. her smile lit up her whole face, pretty rose-coloured lips widening in amusement. she laughed softly and a light blush stained her cheeks. she tucked her hair behind her ear as stray flower petals swirled by along the july wind.

she was...he had no words. beautiful. stunning. lovely. absolutely divine.

he couldn't take her eyes off her even if he wanted to, as cliché as it sounds it was like time stood still just for them.

for a second their eyes met, and he had the air sucked out of him again. her eyes were just as magnetic as she was, and he felt himself getting lost in them.

the two continued to look at each other for a little while before she broke the contact as a bus suddenly braked at the stop. he watched her leave to board, frozen in place.

a boy stood at a bus stop on a hot summer day, and fell in love at first sight.