Behind This Girl

So this is my first time posting on Wattpad.. Please please please no hate comments! Oh! I changed the name from Liam to Noah and Luna to Corynne who will go by Cory in the future if I ever decide to upload again.. just in case you get confused

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Behind every girl is a story, and this one’s mine. My name is Corynne Alexis French, and I’m sixteen years old, and I usually keep to myself. I’m not especially outgoing, and that you can thank my father for. Ever since my mother died, he has become more and more violent. I used to have to hide my face so that people wouldn’t see the bruises that he left me with. 

My mother died in a car accident when I was eight, and it broke my father in ways I can’t even explain. He pulled away from me and my brother, becoming an alcoholic and submerging himself in his work. He first started beating me when I broke curfew for the first time. I hadn’t done it on purpose- my friends and I had lost track of time after homecoming when we decided to go roller skating. I thought that he would be asleep when I got home, but I still tried to be as quiet as possible. I didn’t know that he was waiting up for me. Seeing the look on his face, I tried to explain myself. He slapped me across the face and told me that I was an ungrateful little bitch. I just squeezed my eyes shut and told myself that it was the alcohol talking. My father would never do this to me. 

The beating continued, becoming worse and worse. I decided then that I had to do something about it. My brother, Jordan, had just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend, Auden. I told him what had been happening and he helped me move my things into his apartment. My father wasn’t even home, and he didn’t try to come get me after. I assumed that it was easier for him, easier just having one person to care for. 

I’ve been living with Jordan for about six weeks now, still nothing from my father. Since Jordan lives two towns away, I had to switch schools. Today I start my sophomore year at SeaCoast Academy. My cousin Nora and her boyfriend go there, so at least I will know someone. I sighed as I looked in the mirror in my room and smiled slightly at myself. My long blonde hair fell in waves across my back and shoulders, and my bangs were braided along my hairline to keep them out of my face. I had picked a white tube dress with green leaves and orange flowers on it to wear to my first day at SCA. I paired it with a green cardigan and my black gladiator sandals. 

I fluffed up my hair one last time and applied a little bit of lipgloss. I turned around as I heard my door open. Jordan was standing in the doorway, dressed in a shirt and tie for work. “How do I look?” I asked, spinning around in a circle. “You look beautiful, kiddo,” he chuckled. “I wish I could drive you, but Auden and I have a really busy day.” 

“I’ll be fine”, I assured him. “Nora will be here any second, and she knows her way around. She’ll take care of me. I made her promise.” I smiled. He nodded “I know, I just want to make sure you’re as comfortable as possible.” 

“I’ll be fine. Go, you’re going to be late for work,” I said as I started pushing him out the door. 

As he went out, Nora came running in the door, tackling me in a huge bear hug. “Oof!” I grunted. “Aaah! I’m so glad you’re here!” She yelled. “This is going to be the best year ever!” She was breathing hard and had a huge smile on her face. “Nora,” I giggled. “Breathe in through your nose, and out through your mouth. “ She stuck her tongue out at me, making me giggle harder. “Oh, shut up!” She yelled. “I’m just so excited that we get to go to school together now!” 

“Nora, we’re still at the apartment,” I said. “Inside voices!” 

“Whoops, my bad,” she whispered. Rolling my eyes, I took in her appearance and she did the same to me. Being only 5”3 at the age of eighteen, she was a tiny girl. She also came from a tiny family, so it was expected. Nora had striking green eyes like her dad, and reddish brown hair that hung right above her shoulders in short choppy layers. Today, she had pulled her bangs back into a poof and had braided her hair into little pig tails. She was wearing dark ripped jeans and a shirt that said “Music was her life, lyrics were her story” in white lettering across the front. She had black motorcycle boots on her feet.