4

Alice

My new dorm room door swung open, startling me to death.
"Happy Birthday, Alice!" Wendy cheered.
Wendy wore a shrunken white blazer and a baby blue dress that reached just above the knee. Her eyes were big, sparkling and the color of a cloudless sky. From her wrists hung a few bags labeled among the names of Bibbidi Bobbity, Fairest and Wishing Star.
"Thanks,Wendy!" Wendy grinned and held out the bags. "These are for you, Birthday Girl." "Omigosh, my favorite stores!" I gasped.
Wendy bounced on her toes. "Open them!"
We sat on my bed and I opened up the bags. I got light blue, pink and yellow dresses from Bippidi Boppity, mascara, lipgloss and a few nail polishes (some glittery, some solid) from Fairest and a few bits of jewelry from Wishing Star.
"These are gorgeous!" I wrapped my friend in a hug. "I can't thank you enough." "You're welcome!" Wendy smiled. "Check the bottom of the Wishing Star bag. I reached in and pulled out a white box that almost seemed as if it was glowing. I carefully opened the box and inside I found a simple, but without a doubt elegant tiara.
"How am I supposed to compete for your birthday, Wendy? You've really outdone yourself. Thank you!"
Wendy smiled. She placed the tiara on my buttery blonde hair. "Like a princess," Wendy sighed.

***

After long bits of chit-chat, Wendy and I agreed to meet up for my birthday dinner at one of the restaurants nearby later that we were dying to try.
I decided to keep unpacking. I headed into my wardrobe and inside I found a small door. Why on Earth is there a tiny door here? I wondered. I pulled the knob and I saw a garden. Not any garden. It was huge. I peer closer through the hole. Do the flowers have faces?
  I hear a click behind me and I turn around. There is a miniature pink and turquoise box. I open it and it is filled with cookies in pink and blue. And mushrooms?
  EAT ME, one of the pink cookies were labeled.
  I shrugged, picked up the petite cookie  labeled in frosting and bit into it. It tasted like raspberries and cotton candy.
    Suddenly, a woozy image took over my vision and everything became larger.
"AHHHHH!" I screamed.
I. JUST. SHRANK. Omigoodness, omigoodness, omigoodness what was in that cookie???
  At least now I can check out the door. I leaned in too far and I was FALLING THROUGH THE SKY.
  The garden was getting closer. I was falling through the sky!! How is this possible? I don't like falling through tiny doors! I don't like weird raspberry and cotton candy flavored cookies that make you shrink!! What would the blue ones do? Make my big toe as large as a house? I needed to get rid of those as soon as-
   THUD!
My butt landed on the dirt. Surprisingly, it was extremely soft.