Chapter One: Ne'er Shall the Brothers Meet?

• Dedicated to Colm and Rory!

                                                            Digimon: Frontier Parent Trap

                                                                            Chapter One

                                                           Ne'er Sahll the Brothers Meet?

The grounds of Camp Frontier were thronging with boys and girls, all ranging from the ages of ten to fourteen, most of which were pouring out of one or other of the three buses lined up side by side on the wide, tree-lined road.

As the camp instructors tried - unsuccessfully - to calm everyone down, the bus drivers threw duffel bags of all kinds into a large pile.

The main instructor - Marva Kulp - grinned as she climbed onto a small platform, megaphone in hand, "Alright, children, welcome to Camp Frontier. My name's Marva Kulp, your camp director, and this is my daughter, Marva Junior. Please find your bags quickly as we haven't got all day and my daughter will sort you into your bunks. Marva?"

Marva Jr. nodded, taking the megaphone from her mother and lifted it to her mouth, not noticing how close she was to her mother's ears, "Campbell, Adam! Cabin Wood, bunk nine! Zyto, Nicole! Cabin Wind, bunk seven!"

As Marva continued to call out the bunk and cabin names - much to the displeasure of her mother's ears - a pale, twelve-year-old boy, Koji Minamoto, made his way up to the pile of bags, his thin, raven ponytail bouncing off his back as he tied his blue-and-grey bandana around his head, surveying the pile with his cobalt eyes.

His yellow t-shirt was mostly hidden by his blue sports jacket - which had a yellow stripe running down either arm - while his grey Khaki trousers fell to just above his ankle, barely meeting his navy socks and his blue-and-white trainers covered his ankles.

After spotting his blue bag in the middle of the pile, he scowled, shoving his hands into his pockets, "Well, I found the bag. Now I just need to get it out."

After finding the strap, he reached forward, tugging at it with all his strength, but eventually relinquished, scowling as the brunette wearing a pair of goggles beside him chuckled slightly, "What?"

"Nothing," the brunette insisted, grinning widely, his hazel eyes dancing with amusement. "I just find that kinda thing funny. You must be new here."

"What gave you that impression?" Koji grunted, tugging on his bag again.

This time, the brunette reached in a gloved, tanned hand to help him, "Anyone who's been here before knows to get their bags before the driver does… Man, that thing's stuck."

Heaving an exaggerated sigh, the brunette dropped the strap, grinning as he glanced up at Koji's bandana, "Nice bandana."

"Thanks," Koji muttered, glaring at his bag. "One of my friends back home gave it to me… a long time ago…" He trailed off as the brunette grabbed the strap again, but to their dismay, the driver threw another dozen bags onto the pile. Glaring at him, the two resumed their struggle until they deemed it completely hopeless.

"My… name's Takuya Kanbara," the brunette panted, extending a hand, grinning.

Koji smirked slightly, grabbing the hand, "Koji Minamoto."

Takuya grinned again in response, but his eyes widened as a heavyset boy about a year older than them wearing a blue-and-yellow jumpsuit reached into the middle of the pile and grabbed a yellow duffel, pulling it out with ease.