Jessica's Mother's Day Present

"We're so lenient!"

"Even though the summoning magic circle was a bit off, we don't mind!"

""After all, the power of love is an important thing!""

"U, uwa...I really did summon you guys. Gramps' grimoire was the real thing..."

Realizing that she had summoned them herself, despite not thinking that she really could do it, Jessica became dumbfounded for a bit.

"Could you make a Mother's Day present?"

"Ah, what a strong love towards your mother I'm feeling. Hey, Zepar! I want to grant this adorable daughter's wish!"

"Same here, Furfur! You know, she's always trying hard for love, isn't she?"

"That's right. After all, she's looking to fulfill forbidden love with a servant. Catching her mother's heart in advance with a mother's day present could be a splendid love strategy!"

"No, no, I wasn't really thinking about it with any deep thoughts like that..."

She had never imagined that these bustling demons would appear.

Jessica was worried about what to get for a mother's day present.

Looking for ideas, she was fishing through the library for a suitable book. Seeing Kinzo's grimoire, finding it amusing, and reading it, she found a method to make a request to a demon.

Because she had summoned the demons while doing so jokingly and half-heartedly, there was no doubt that Kinzo's blood was flowing strongly through Jessica's veins...

"Hey, Zepar. I wonder if there's a magic item appropriate for Mother's Day?"

"We specialize in romantic love! So the love between a parent and child is a bit out of our area of expertise. But after being called out like this, we can't go without giving something, right?"

"I know! We could grant you a fantastic magical item that could remove even the strongest barriers from love with Kanon-kun!"

"Ah, no, I'm sorry, but ordinary things are just fine. I don't want weird magical items..."

"You can't say that! After all, we're two of the 72 highest demons!"

"It'd be impossible for us to say, 'For calling us, your gift is an ordinary carnation!'"

"No, no, just a plain carnation would be good, yeah, plenty..."

The topic had grown pointlessly grand in scale having summoned these troublesome demons, so Jessica placated them with the proposition of "just a plain carnation".

"Well then, if you don't want big magic, then how about a small magic carnation?"

"Ah, now that you say that, we do have a magical carnation like that, don't we? I think it withers after one day, but during that one day, it sends the partner great blessings!"

"Ah...if it's something like that, it'd be fine, I guess. If it's just a day of magic it won't cause a lot of trouble, and there wouldn't be any chance of curses or anything, would there....?

"It's the magic of gratitude. There aren't any curses or negative powers."

"Only that on worrying, you'll forget any of the blessings."

"But we promise. This magic sends no trouble to the receiver."

"Your mother, who receives the carnation, is given, just for one day, magic protection. That being said, we're demons with the amazing power to satisfactorily grant you this item, so you too should accept it in fear."