Prologue

Rocky loved his family very much, it was a small family yes, but he loved them all. He grew up with his human parents, 2 human sisters, his sister Pooky, and his brother Thumper. Rocky was a Miniature Dachshund mixed with Chihuahua. He was born in early to mid-2005 in Cheyenne, Wyoming. His human parents adopted him when he was 4 months old. He had many, many fond memories with his parents and older sisters. That Christmas, his sister Pooky joined the family. Pooky was 6 months younger then Rocky, and was a sassy Tabby cat. She was born born in Fort Collins, Colorado in an animal shelter. Her parents adopted her shortly after. Pooky was a unique cat, her tail was a little shorter than a normal cat's tail. Her fur has also remained kitten soft all her life. As they grew up together, Rocky and Pooky would often chase each other around the house. Or would sometimes snuggle in a sunny area of the house or by a window. A few years later, an odd kind of animal joined the family, a rabbit named Thumper.

Thumper was a German Angora Blue hair rabbit. He was born in 2008 in the town of Rock Hill, South Carolina. Though he never came inside, Rocky knew he was there, through one of his sisters. He would also see his parents and sisters bring in his hair so they could use it to create clothing. Many years later, after his oldest sister had moved out, she adopted a dachshund puppy named Kiya. Like Rocky she had been born in Cheyenne, Wyoming. But she had been born almost 12 years later after Rocky. Kiya was born in November of 2016, and was now living in Nebraska.

Rocky passed away September 27, 2016 from Liver Cancer at the age of 11, and this story is for him. I started writing it back in 2005 when I was in 4th grade. I recently decided to finish it in time for the one-year anniversary of his passing. Rocky was more than a pet to my parents, sister and I; He was a brother, a fur-baby, and most of all a companion and family member. He will always have a place in my heart, and I will forever love my little friend and brother.

Rest in Peace Rocky 3/20/2005-9/27/2016

*=Name of chapter from original story