Part 9

I wake up the next morning feeling energized and alive. I glance over at Jared as he sleeps peacefully, his jaw twitching ocassionally. As carefully as possible I slip from the bed and head to the bathroom, washing away last night's excitement before going down to make us some breakfast. Halfway through breakfast the doorbell rings sighing I trot to get it so that it doesn't wake Jay before breakfast gets done, but when I open the door, I feel my breath catch in my throat.

"Elijah?"

My throat constricts at the sight of him with his brown hair swept out of his face, those sky blue eyes staring through me. I couldn't think straight, hell I couldn't think at all, he was the worst thing that could happen right now, the last thing I needed. My heart picked up, but my lungs stopped working breathing became something impossible and I couldn't seem to unclench my throat enough to speak as he towered above me in a white t shirt and a pair of light wash jeans. My world shifted and I was hating that I loved every minute those sky blue orbs were locked on my body, taking in my skimpy pajama shorts and crop top, his eyes wracked over my body like I was a trophy. Because to him I was, I was his trophy, his prize.

"W-what are you-" I cut myself off my throat dryer then the Sahara desert. His eyes snap back up to my face, a small lopsided smile claiming his godly features. Where the fuck do these men come from? Why can't I ever behave myself whenever those fucking blue eyes fall on me? How long had it been since he last came to see me, or since I last ran to London to fuck him like never before? London. Elijah Baxter, my one real love, the only man in this world that I'd be willing to drop everything for, well so I thought anyway.

"I've missed you angel."

"Where have you been?" I ask the tears welling in my eyes as I think about the man upstairs in my bed, the one that fixed me, rebuilt the terror that Elijah created, fixed and patched the holes he left in me oh so long ago. He's the only reason I'd ever cry about seeing Elijah because just when I thought I was getting put back together, he HAD to shatter me all over again. He had to bring an end to all the good things, not that he didn't have good reason too. I was the one miss behaving after all. It was like he had this radar that told him I was doing fine for the first time in forever so he could come and fuck it all up again.

"Aw, are you that happy to see me?" He asks reaching out to brush away the few stray tears. I pull back ever so slightly, like his touch would scorch me, and it would, in all the right ways. "Come on Ali." He purrs, his lips curling in that devilish smirk I oh so loved.

"No." I breath shaking my head.

"I flew such a long way to see you princess." His accent had my knees shaking with every step he took closer, deeper into my house, into my hell.

"Elijah, please." I whisper as he backs me into the post at the base of my stairs.

"Let me hear those gorgeous acoustics."

"No, Elijah, I can't."

"Why not?" He asks his face turning deadly serious before he glances up the stairs. "Who is he?" He snarls stepping to the right to pass me.

"No please." I stop him with a firm hand to the chest. "He's no one I promise."
"Bull shit." He snaps pushing my hand away.

"Baby please." I grab his hand, pulling him back to me. "He's no one."

"Then why are you holding me back? Are you in love with him Alex?" The question shot right through my body. Love him? "Oh my god! I'm gone for a year and this is how you repay me?!"

"A year?! A year?! Elijah I haven't seen you in two years! It might have been a year since we last fucked in London, but you know damn well it's been way more then that since we've actually seen one another!"