Chapter 40

Sophia's POV

"Daddy!"ako

Hindi ko mapigilang maiyak nang makita si Daddy. Tumakbo ako palapit sa kanya at kaagad siyang niyakap. Kanina pa ako nag-aalala dahil 30 minutes na sa loob si Mommy pero wala pa rin si Daddy.

We both let go from the hug. Dad wiped my tears that made me chuckle in relief.

"Are you ok, sweety?"Aga

Kaagad akong tumango.

"I'm fine, Daddy. I missed you po. But si Mommy, she's been in the delivery room for 30 minutes now. Dad, you made it! You should go inside."ako

Nakangiti kong sabi habang nagpupunas ng luha at sipon. Nurse Sandra immediately assisted Daddy. Dahil nga galing siya sa biyahe, he has to wear a scrub tops and pants first. Ang lamig nga ng kamay niya at halatang kinakabahan siya. Dapat pala hindi ko na lang sinabi kung ano'ng lagay ni Mommy kanina, hindi tuloy siya mapakali.

"Daddy, ingat!"ako

Kumaway ako sa kanya bago siya pumasok sa delivery room kasama ni Nurse Sandra. Bakit ko nga pala sinabihan ng ingat si Daddy? 'Di bale na, mukha kasing kailangan niya at mukha siyang hihimatayin anytime sa paningin ko.

Lea's POV

I blinked and heaved a deep breath again. I'm trying my best not to sleep because I want to hear the cry of my baby despite of excruciating pain I'm feeling. Also, I have an oxygen because I'm really having a hard time to breathe, but it's nothing to me. What's more important now is my baby, she's premature. And I want to see her with both of my eyes. I want to make sure that she is fine.

"Can I go near her? I'm her husband."

I blinked when I heard that voice. Although it's impossible for him to be here, I still looked for him. I was about to look on my right side when someone suddenly carefully held my hand and kissed it.

"You're here..."ako

I whispered. Tears started flowing on the side of my eyes when I saw him with my two eyes. He smiled so I couldn't help but to cry harder.

He kissed my hand again then nodded.

"I'm here, of course. I must be with you, we're in this together. Sophia's also outside."Aga

I momentarily closed my eyes then slowly nodded my head.

"You can do this. You're a strong mama."Aga

I smiled then nodded. He wiped my tears and my sweat. I exhaled again but this time I'm complacent because Aga's with us, it's enough that he's holding my hand.

"You want me to sing for you?"Aga

Dahil wala nga akong lakas ay hindi ako nakatawa. I just smirked then shook my head.

"That's not the first thing I want our baby to hear. So, please, shut up."ako

I smiled then looked at him again who's also smiling at me right now.

"There you go, you're smiling. I love you."Aga

"I love you too."ako

I smiled then tried to hold back his hand, the hand that served as my only strength with all the pain I'm feeling. Aga was just there, telling me words that would comfort me. Motivating me and making sure that I'm not alone in this.

"Lea."

I opened my eyes and looked to the person who called me, it's one of the doctors here inside.

"I'm Camila, the anesthesiologist, and this is taking so long. We can put you to sleep if you want to so you don't have to feel the pain."