One

Stella VanGogh walked into Valerie's room. The latter was scribbling furiously and didn't notice her best friend enter.
"You've got to be kidding me,  Lerie."
Stella sighed.
"Late for your own birthday? "
"That was today?" Valerie asked nonchalantly, still not looking up.
Stella walked up to her desk and snatched the book.
"Really?" She said,  looking at the Voluminous Complete works of William Shakespeare.
"I have a deadline." Valerie explained.
"Your parents have worked really hard for today,  Lerie." Stella stated, "Everybody is looking for Valerie Coleman."
"I told my parents I didn't want an extravagant 25th birthday."
"Well,  it seems like you're getting it. So get the hell up and get dressed in that dress we bought yesterday."
"Why do you always have to side with the 'rents? " Valerie sighed.
"Baby,  please don't ask me that question again. "

The Coleman's had really outdone themselves

The Coleman's had really outdone themselves. Richard and Paris had made sure that the Hilton Hotel had been made fit for a bash.
Various well known names were present,  mostly senators and Even Prince Harry made an appearance. Richard was an old friend of his.
Zac Efron had come too, with Artistes like Alessia Cara and Beyonce.
"A lot of people I barely know." Valerie whispered, gripping the glass Stella handed her firmly.
"I wish I was you right now,  Miss grumpy. Liven up a bit,  would ya?"
Stella said, rolling her eyes. Her green eyes suddenly flashed.
"OMG...is that Prince Harry of England!"
She squealed.
"Darling-"Paris Coleman said,  tapping her daughter just as Stella scurried off.
"Hey, you."
"You don't look Very happy." Paris said, "It's your 25th."
"I'm a Literature teacher. Literature teachers don't do 25th's."
"I still don't know why you chose that stupid excuse for a profession, Valerie. You could have easily gotten a position at my fashion industry." Paris said, waving her hands.
"I'd rather burn to ashes than take a job there."
Valerie said, angered, "And I'd rather spend all day grading texts than watch air headed,  malnourished girls saunter around in skimpy outfits."
"You're  dressed pretty skimpily yourself." Paris pointed out, used to her daughters stubborn outbursts. "I'd rather you didn't say anything rude about my fashion line,  either."
"Fuck off, Paris." Valerie sighed.
"It's mom to you, young lady." Paris replied,  smiling as Richard Coleman walked up to them.
"You are not my mother." Valerie muttered as he kissed her head and held Paris by the waist.
"I can't believe you both are going to show off your fighting skills in front of my guests." he said.
"I'm so not doing this." Valerie said,  turning on her heels and walking to the bar.
She sat and ordered a punch.
"Hey." the guy beside her called ,"I'm Tony Jackson."
She barely glanced at him before replying rather harshly, "And not a fuck was given."
"Woah,  slow down, Beautiful. You've got a lot of venom for someone with such a pretty face."
"I'm not exactly thrilled to be here." She stated.
"I know,  right. Bastard Billionaire Coleman throwing a lavish party for his daughter and I heard she isn't even here yet."
Valerie stared at him and feigned shock.
"She isn't?"
"Yeah. Bitch is probably in her bedroom wishing her parents would stop doing expensive things for her. Tell you a secret? "
"Yeah?" Valerie urged,  suddenly interested in her new acquaintance.
"I heard she turned down a pretty perky job as a manager in her mother's fashion industry just to go into teaching. What an Idiot."
Valerie's gut tensed. She sipped her wine slowly.
Tony continued.
"I heard she's really pretty. And My friends bet me a million dollars to get into her panties. It wouldn't be so hard if she would just fucking come out of hiding."
Valerie frowned.
"What? "
"I don't mean you're not beautiful, baby,  don't get me wrong,  you're breathtaking. But I heard Valerie Coleman is out of this world."
"You probably wouldn't get her to like you if she was sitting right beside you." Valerie sneered,  getting her punch from the bartender. She poured the flute of wine on Tony's pink shirt.
"What'd you do that for?" Tony asked, watching her get up and walk away without a word,  punch in hand.
"Bitch." He muttered.
"Bitch is correct," The Bartender replied, watching his gaze, "But her looks are to die for. Bitch got every head in New York snapping in her direction."
"Come I never heard of her? " Tony asked.
He never got his reply,  because at that moment, a blonde girl with almost nothing on came beside him.
She looked drunk.
"Hi,  Drew!" She waved at the Bartender, "I need a couple of whiskeys.  I just kissed Prince Harry."
"Slow down,  Stella." Drew said,  filling a beer bottle with water and handing it to her.
She took a long swig,  then looked up at Tony.
"Thus whiskey is terrible." She said.
Tony raised an eyebrow, wondering if she realized she had just said 'thus'.
"I'm looking for Valerie. See you later." she told Drew,  getting up and nearly slipping on her heels. "I'm okay."
Tony turned to his drink.
"I need a few more shots If I'm going to get laid tonight." He called, just as a tall,  thin beauty sat next to him.
"Hi there. " She said, giving him a seductive smile. Her dress barely covered her cleavage,  and she wasn't helping by putting down the straps.
"Hello, beautiful." He started, making looking at her boobs very obvious.
She wasn't as striking as the girl who'd poured wine on him,  but she'd have to do. And she came willingly. Great.

Hello!!
It's me again.
I hope you're enjoying the story.
Please leave comments and press that little orange star just below this page.
I'm totally jazzed that you've made it this far. Please don't be discouraged and keep swiping up!!