Chapter 22

"Have you gotten a lot of calls?" I ask Jason, laying my head on his table top and watching him clean up dinner.

"Tons." Jason answers, filling the dishwasher; our deal was if I cook he cleans and vice versa. "People will form a lot of crazy stories to try and get money."

"And you're still going to take every call?" Jason gives me a look as he dries his hands. "I'm not saying anything!" I defend, holding up my hands in retreat. "I just don't want these calls to cause you even more stress."

He smiles and pulls out a seat and holds my hand. "I know you don't, but it's really not stressing me out, I'm fine." He smiles to prove his point and leans over to give me a kiss. "I'm just looking for the answers I deserve."

"I know, I'm sorry." He shrugs it off and we stand to move into the living room when my phone rings.

"Who is it?"

"Hannah," I reply, wondering why she was calling me when she was suppose to be telling Caleb about the new A. "Hey, Hannah what's- whoa whoa what?" I stop in the doorway and try to figure out what Hannah is saying through the tears.

"Caleb's mom... car accident," Hannah was saying.

"Is she okay?" Jason watches me worriedly, and motions me to sit down but I shake my head as I try to make out what Hannah is saying.

"A did it! A... picture." A new, much stronger set of sobs are heard over the phone and I grab my jacket from the couch. A hurt Caleb's mother just because Hannah was thinking about telling him about the new A. "Caleb broke up with me!"

"I'll be right there," I say, covering the phone as she continues to cry and bend down to kiss Jason.

"Caleb broke up with Hannah," I whisper, he nods in understanding and walks me onto the porch.

"I'm going to see my parents in the morning," Jason says as I shut my door and he leans through my open window. "Call me later, okay?" I nod and kiss him.

000000000

3rd Person

Spencer was looking over results for April Rose on her laptop, waiting for Jason to show up. She had texted him to meet her there that morning after Toby left, knowing that Aria was going to be working at her new photography job all day and he was always free on weekends. He showed up on time, and knew to be cautious around his half sister, wanting a good relationship with her but also knowing that she was his girlfriend's best friend and he didn't want Aria to hear anything bad about Jason. It was still hard for Jason to believe Aria was willingly dating him, it felt like she was the only good thing going for him.

"Hey."

"Hey, Jason," Spencer turns off her Ipad and faces him.

"So what's up?"

"I need to talk to you about Garett, his case." Spencer jumps right in, neither of them knowing where they stand; the last time they had talk was on Jason's porch when he had lied to her about not giving anyone the money, she didn't know he lied and he didn't want anyone to know about the information he found out.

"Then you know about the evidence?" Jason clarifies, he wasn't sure how Spencer kept finding everything out, her parents weren't very open, but he didn't want her to go asking how he kept finding out either.

"Then it has been thrown out?"

"Not yet, but it will be."

"Look, I think I might have a way to make sure Garett's case doesn't fall apart, but I'm at a dead end and I think you can help me." Spencer admits, completely aware she never paid him back for the last favor she asked of him.