Chapter 1*

*rewritten 12/6/15*

"Adrianna, are you even paying attention?"

My thoughts of having Tory Lanez sing at my future wedding were suddenly interrupted by the voice of my algebra teacher who never pronounces my name right.

Widening my brown eyes in embarrassment, I answered softly, "Yes ma'am I was, but my train of thought went elsewhere. I'll pay attention from now on."

"Don't let it happen again," she chided.

"Yes ma'am."

Once everyone went back to their own business, I looked at the board to realize I missed a whole page or two of notes. Sighing in defeat, I began to catch up on them, only to have the bell ring, signalling the end of class.

Knowing I could get them from a friend later I packed my things and walked out while observing my surroundings.

Jefferson High School, is pretty much like your average school, with the fake friends, fake thugs, and fake teachers. By fake, I mean the 'wanna-be' or 'backstabbing people' as most would call them. Highly populated by African Americans, you will occasionally run into that Caucasian teacher, or student, who either always has something smart to say, or will stereotype you by your ignorant peers.

Surprisingly, I'm hardly stereotyped, maybe it's because I'm different from others, or as a result of my blessing of a light voice. Who knows.

"Hey Granny," a girl from my chorus class calls.

After speaking back, I think of how my nickname came along. My freshman year of high school, I was told I acted like someones white grandma, because I'm so calm and settle. That's a terrible stereotype, might I add, but once something sticks, you can't remove it.

So lost in my thoughts, I almost walked by my second period class, but the warning bell rang, bringing me to reality.

As I walked down the steps, the rowdy voices of males and females filled my ears and echoed throughout the gym.

"Watch out!" a voice called as a basketball came flying towards my face.

Quickly hitting the ball away, I playfully glared at my best friend, Tony, "I know you like playing with balls, but be careful with the direction you throw them."

As a smirk spread across his face, he replied with, "I know you're used to them swinging in your face daily, so I decided throw one at you."

Bursting into fits of giggles, I pushed him away and walked towards my other friends on the girls side.

I greeted the others as I sat, whilst listening to Ari and Yari hilariously argue over the new kid at school.

"He obviously likes me from the looks he gives me in the halls," Yari yelled.

"We're identical twins, fool, so he thinks we are eachother OBVIOUSLY," Ari responded just as loud.

Just as YaYa opened her mouth to respond, Coach Campbell yelled for us all to get dressed.

With everyone stomping down the steps of the bleachers, it sounded like a stampede of elephants. As I stood to join them, I watched as my football playing 'play brother' Aaron Sanders walk in with his best friend, Malachie.

Aaron and I made eye contact, making him mouth to me, "I have something to tell you."

Nodding my head, I walked into the locker room, with the wonder of what could be so important that he couldn't text me.

Who knows, maybe he got into another argument with his girlfriend or something.

************************************************************************

Finished! Hi guys, how are you? I know it has been forever since we've last spoken, and I completed the story months ago, but I thought of how old I was when I first wrote it, and all the mistakes I've made writing it, so I decided to rewrite the entire book. I hope you enjoy the revised version as it goes under deep construction. Please be sure to give me as much feedback as possible so that I can do whatever needed to please you all.

Much love,

Bri :)

-12/07/15-