Part 33 - Gone Rogue

Bishop knocked the elevator door with his fist, loudly enough to drag everyone's attention.

" - Where does this elevator go?"

" - I don't know." Chen responded.

" - The morgue, it goes to the morgue." Juliana's voice echoed loudly through the hall.

" - What are you doing here?" Bishop asked.

" - I am here to help."

" - Get your things, find me anything I can use on her medical records, I need to know everything that happened to that little girl since she stepped foot in this hospital." He commanded Chen, before running up the stairs. Juliana followed him.

" - Did you get my message?" She asked Bishop while they climbed the stairs, two steps at a time.

" - Last time I checked my voicemail was ten years ago."

" - We need to talk."

" - Can we do it when we're not in pursuit of the only lead we have?" He gasped for air.

Juliana took off her heels, trying to keep up with Bishop.

The morgue was on the top floor, across an elegantly designed overpass, involved in glass and framed in stainless steel linking the old hospital building with the new modernized wing, local doctors and nurses called it Charon, in reference to the old mythological ferryman of Hades, whose eternal job was carrying souls of the newly deceased across the rivers Synx and Acheron which divided the world of the living and the dead in greek mythology.

Bishop reached the uppermost end of the stairwell, lightheaded and barely breathing, mostly with his mouth, a direct side effect of his sacred regiment of one pack of cigarettes a day.

" - La morgue..." Bishop asked being barely audible.

A nurse pointed towards the overpass.

They crossed the platform, engulfed in raindrops, being led towards a large fire door.

He forced the handle, but the door seemed to be locked. He tried pushing the door inwards, using the weight of his body, but the door barely moved.

" - It's locked." Juliana said.

" - No shit!" He screamed.

" - What's going on?"

Before she had time to process anything, the rogue Priest grabbed a gurney beyond the overpass, a patient lied apparently unconscious, he grabbed his chart, quickly glancing at the report.

" - Great." He said, before pushing the gurney as fast as he could through the overpass right into the middle of the fire door, which cracked opened setting off the fire alarm.

He rolled to the floor, quickly getting back onto his feet.

" - Are you insane?" Juliana ousted as he walked into the hall, just outside the morgue.

Emergency lights flashed on every corner, two men stood by the door, standing guard for whatever was happening on the inside. They both wore slim fitting suits, obviously not part of the hospital staff.

" - Hey." Bishop yelled, while limply moving towards them.

" - Where is the girl?" He continued.

" - Back away father." One of the men approached, raising his hand.

As he did so, Bishop caught eye of the nine-millimeter pistol peeking out underneath the man's jacket, so did Juliana.

" - What's happening in there?" Bishop asked while nodding his head towards the door.