Prologue

"The world as we know it is... Different. We are all held back by our own mind forged manacles in a world in which we hold no worth. Simply dirt under the boots of the higher ups in the hierarchy. This is how it has always been and proaby always will be. 

It is thought that we will all perish under the control of the arlith - the beings whom hold everything above our heads. If our iron-clad hearts are destructible. Then they will find a way to slowly destroy each and evey one of us. If that is what it comes to. There will be no survivors in this man made apocalypse. 

There will be nothing left, no plants, no animals, no humans, no arlith. It will only end, when we are all destroyed. It will only only end when the moon is the moon herself . Shrouding the rubble in in its crimson haze."

Tawny looked back to the children, eyes alight with amausement as they squirmed in their seats. "Miss Passion?" One of the older kids squeaked quietly, an eleven year old girl named Fay. She was small for her age, but that wasn't exactly uncommon in the ring. "Will the Arltih come for us one day?" 

As always Tawny looked over the children with an overwhelming sadness. "Fay.. Sweetheart, if they do come. We won't be ready. If they come for us with their magic and weapons.. There will be no survivors." This was what Tawny hated about the ring.. The fact that naive children where given the title of 'worthless', simply because the Arlith deemed them so...

Evangeline skidded across the floor, a single loaf of bread in her hands as she ran through the black market. No this black market where the infamous minnow hides her haul is not a black market with 'illegal' products being sold. 

The Arlith only leave behind scraps for the ring dwellers, making it incredibly hard for them to survive. But then again that was their goal. The black market is a place where surface dwellers can donate their scraps to the 'worthless'. 

Quickly making a left turn Elle leapt over a rolling barrel before slipping inside of a gap in the fabric, seperating her from Madame Dubouse's tent. "I'm putting your bread by the door Madame!" she called, receiving a small grunt in approval before running out of the door once more. 

All in a days work for the notorious Minnow...