First Day

January 2nd

Jimin couldn't sleep all night, he was excited and nervous for the day to come, he regrets not getting enough sleep but coffee always has his back. He decided to come around 1 PM so that he wouldn't interfere with the preparations. He rehearsed what he would say so he wouldn't make a fool out of himself. This was his first time getting this far into getting a job since 2 years, he couldn't screw this up. 

As he caught the 12 PM bus, butterflies approach his stomach, the two buses felt like forever but in reality, it only took about 30 minutes. As he entered through the same gates as he did yesterday, he realised how badly he wanted and needed this job. 

The same woman who told Jimin the directions to the manager approached Jimin and told him to follow her as she was aware of why he was there in the first place. As Jimin entered a staff only room, there were about fifteen people gathered in there including the manager. 

The manager greeted Jimin and a guy around the same age as him, his name was Taehyung. She had everyone quiet down and spoke: "Hello everyone, please welcome our two newbies who will be trying out for employment here, treat them nicely". Everyone began to say hello and introduce themselves. The manager was the first to introduce herself her name was Lisa and she has worked there for about 5 years of her life, she took the place over from her parents. Jimin also met Hoseok, Jungkook, Jin and Namjoon. 

Jimin and Taehyung decided to stick together and they became quite close after all the talking that had been done in that room. Lisa asked Jungkook and Hoseok to tour the newbies around the place and show them where all the animals were placed throughout the Zoo. 

As they walked around they met all sorts of animals, giraffes, elephants and Jimins favourite pandas which he grew an attachment towards one of the older ones. As curiosity grew on Jimin he asked Jungkook one of the staff if he had known a dark-haired boy with a bad attitude that worked there. Jungkook laughed before giving his reply "you must be talking about Yoongi."

"Yoongi, so that's his name. How come he wasn't in the staff room?" Jimin asked with an odd desire to know. "He told us its a waste of time being there and surprisingly Lisa let him off, I wonder why? She normally never does." Jungkook replied. Jimin flinched at what he said, "waste of time" he mumbled. "Would you speak of the devil" Jungkook spoke up. Jimins attention was now all directed towards Yoongi, who was feeding the alligators.

"You know he's known as the animal whisperer around here, he has this sort of connection with them" Jungkook slightly began to brag. Jimins attention was on no one but Yoongi, he was fascinated and envious of the way he connected with the animals. 

As they began to walk to another cage, Jimin turned back to look at Yoongi he was hoping to see something but he wasn't sure what it was exactly that he yearned for. Just as Jimin tore his gaze off Yoongi, he noticed Yoongis deep, fiery eyes looking directly at him. They locked their gaze for a good 10 seconds until Jungkook called out his name making Jimin flustered for some unknown reason. He focused back to reality and shook his head, "I'm coming" he yelled as turned his back to Yoongi. 

Jimin and Taehyung became really close after spending the whole day together feeding animals and grooming them. They got each other's phone numbers and as the day came to an end they were called back to the staff room.

Lisa asked Jungkook and Hoseok how Jimin and Taehyung went and they both put in a good word for the two of them. Lisa also took a liking to the boys and was pleased to hear that they did well. She assigned them to work on Monday to really experience the feel of running a Zoo. 

Before she greeted everyone off, she held Jimin back asking him for a favour to go fetch Yoongi and tell him to finish up, she told him that he would be around the penguin enclosure. She left him and finished closing up the Zoo. 

Jimin wondered around for awhile to look for the penguin enclosure until he saw Yoongi sitting down, feeding the penguins. He entered the room behind him where all the fish were, he was engrossed in how many there were and how many different looking ones he could spot. Until his back bumped against something, he prayed that it was only a wall but he turned to see the black haired boy, Yoongi was there. 

"Shit" he swore in his mind. Both of them didn't say anything until Jimin broke the awkward silence saying that it was time to get off work. Yoongi cockily replied with an "I know" as he walked away. 

"Whats up his ass, a thank you would have been nice" Jimin grumbled. He walked back to the main room, grabbed his bag and walked out saying his goodbye to Lisa. He scurried along until he saw his bus driving past the gate, "oh no" he shouted, he cursed Yoongi for having to miss his bus. 

Jimin waited another 30 minutes for another bus to approach and boy was he displeased to see Yoongi trail behind him, he wanted to swear at his face for making him wait longer than needed but he didn't have the fight in him to do so.

He watched as Yoongi took a seat on the other row beside him. He noticed the bags under Yoongis eyes as if he hadn't slept for days, he watched him as he looked out the window. They entered a tunnel, where Yoongi caught Jimins intense stare at him. Yoongi smirked making Jimin hide is head between his legs. As they exited the tunnel, Jimins stop approached and before Yoongi could turn back to look at Jimin he was already gone.

There was nothing left except an empty seat...