Prologue

Hey guys. This chapter might be a little short but it gets better I promise 😊. Enjoy😉...

-------
"I'm going to ask you one last time" the bald headed guy said, as he pulled his knife out of my left thigh and stuck it into my right thigh again.

I gritted my teeth as I felt the expected sharp pain in my thighs. I couldn't let him get to me. I had to stay strong. Not for myself... For Riggs. For Lori. I shook my head as a tear rolled down my face.

"Aww. Crying already are we?" he said, a wicked smile spread across his face.

I smirked.

"I just feel so sad for you. You said the same thing about "asking for the last time" over 5 times now. It's just so sad you can't even get information from a girl. Pitiful" I said, as I shook my head.

As expected, his demeanor became even more angry.

"You b*tch!" he said, as he took his other knife and stabbed me in my shoulder."

I laughed hysterically at him. Laughter was my way of covering pain.

I can't believe you let a girl get under your skin" I said through gritted teeth, the smile still plastered on my face.

"You're a f*cking woman" he said, punching my stomach.

I groaned in pain.

Annie stay strong. Stay strong...

The smile was back on my face in a second.

"Same difference" I said.

"I swear I'm going to f*ucking tear the f*cking smile of your f*cking face!" he said, eyes turning red.

"I'd like to see you try" I smirked.

"You never shut up do you?"

"Well look at that. You're actually making use of your brain for once" I smirked. "I was beginning to think you didn't have one" I shrugged.

"You little b*tch" he said, as he picked up a vase from the table and threw it at me.

I closed my eyes and bent my head so the broken pieces wouldn't enter my eyes as it crashed into me. The sound of shattering glass filled the room.

"I loved that vase you know. My husband gave it to me our last anniversary" I said, frowning a bit. "How would you feel if someone spoilt the anniversary gift you gave your wife?"

"I don't f*cking have a wife" he said through gritted teeth."

I shook my head.

"No wonder you're this grumpy. I could hook you up with one of my friends you know" I said, tilting my head slightly.

"F*ck. You talk too f*cking much. You're f*cking driving me f*cking crazy. Just shut the f*ck up already" he said, holding his hands to his ears in discomfort.

"I wish I could" I sighed. "But sadly, shutting up isn't something I'm very good at" I smirked.

"Then I guess I'd have to make you" he said, a crazy smile appearing on his face.

I couldn't help being afraid. Fear was something I was good at avoiding. But this time, I couldn't. And the reason was simple. This wasn't just about me. This was about Riggs. About Lori. I couldn't let the demented fool find out I had a child in the house.

I feared more than anything that she might show up here. I would rather die than let them do anything to her. We were playing a game of hide and seek when it all happened. It was my turn to seek, and hers’ to hide. I was searching for her in the living room when I heard a noise in the kitchen. I had thought it was Lori still searching for a place to hide until I got there, saw the windows wide open and met some guy holding a knife and looking around my kitchen. I had fought him and honestly almost killed him until something- or maybe even someone knocked me out from behind. I woke up to find myself tied up. Now I desperately hoped that Lori wouldn't get tired of hiding and come looking for me. She mustn't. She just couldn't.