Adult Life

2027

JONAS

Jonas is young yet he feels old.

The issues that he is dealing with his job as a journalist are massive.

A member of the far right wing party had beaten up a Muslim Norwegian woman two days ago. The woman sued him and the media went crazy.

He was given the job to write about it.

Normally, he would have finished the article in just a few hours but that day he felt like he couldn't. He couldn't write about it. He just couldn't do it.

Because Isak lies on a hospital bed with his boyfriend Even crying next to him. The reason being that they almost got engaged in Morocco.

They were about to get engaged as they were planning to for years and some Muslim Moroccan guys attacked them.

Isak tried to protect Even and he almost got killed.

Isak is in a coma...

...

EVA

Eva is thankful for Jonas.

She is thankful for having him by her side for all those years that have passed...

He is her loyal friend and occasional lover. Nothing has changed.

Her job as a party organizer is demanding but fun. It suits her and she loves it.

She just can't help but visit her trusty friend Jonas. She rings his doorbell and waits anxiously biting her fresh manicure.

ISAK

Isak doesn't understand... All he dreams about is Even.

Is this a dream?

Is he sleeping? He can't really tell.

He feels pain but he is happy...

He is finally with Even. Them. Together. For a lifetime.

EVEN

Crying doesn't help. Even goes to work and then come backs where Isak lies. He is sleeping oblivious to what he is going through. Even feels so alone. So depressed.

Lots of people visit Isak but nobody stays there, nobody is looking at Isak's peaceful, angelic face like Even. It's been a few weeks so people have already move on but not Even.

Not even Isak's mother visits him anymore.

It's heartbreaking because all Even's hopes lie on a hospital bed. His love. His everything.

SANA

Her son is waiting for her to pick him up from school. He is only five years old yet so handsome and brilliant that it makes Sana tear up whenever she is watching him play alone. She named him Alp, a Turkish name that means Heroic. His full name being Alp Asmund Acar.

She is working as an assistant professor. Marmara's university seemed like the perfect choice for her career. Waiting for her day to come, when she wouldn't be an assistant anymore, she kept on studying and studying even more.

Married to the only crush she ever had, Sana seems like the perfect Muslim woman to aspire to. Successful, beautiful, religious, faithful to God and her husband Yousef. Her parents couldn't be more proud of her.