Chapter 1

“Congratulations!’ her grandmother yelled and kissed Nadine on the cheeks.

“Thanks Grandma” Nadine replied.

“Ready for the party?” her grandma asked.

She just smiled. Graduation was suppose to fill her with joy but all she could think of was her parents. Her parents work at Saudi Arabia to support her studies and she has not seen them in 3 years now and they can’t make it to her graduation because of the contract. An hour later she opened her laptop and called her mother on skype.

“hey mama!” she Nadine greets her mother with glee.

“fine but not so happy because you are not here.” Nadine told her mom and instantly tears stream down her eyes.

“I know sweetie. But I think I can make that up” her mother says it with a cheerful voice.

“How?” Nadine asked.

“Because I got you a ticket to London!!!You’ll be there for two weeks. I know you always wanted to go there. You could hang out with Kathryn while you’re there and by the time you get back in the Philippines we will be there already. How’s that?” her mother asked.

“It’s great mama! Thank you…I love you so much!”

That night, Nadine couldn’t sleep well. She dreamt of going to London and finally her dreams would be real. Well, in a week and she is very excited.