You won't forget chapt 4

Prince Ivan prodded me on the head with a pencil " Sleeping beauty! Wake up ! I didn't become your teacher for nothing you know" my head was flopped on the desk as I grimaced. My throat felt stuffy and had a unpleasant dry scaly feeling to it . At breakfast I only pretended to eat, instead I picked at my food . It was some chewy turnip in fiery broth. Torturous to eat. My hair was piled haphazardly and I had bags under my eyes. Why in the world had Prince Ivan tried to teach me to write anyway? " I want to see what's in your head, I really want to be your friend , prove to me that you have substance and that you aren't just a vapid girl." His words replayed in my mind. He wanted to know me. He had taken time to do that, and I appreciate that. Lifting my head of the desk, lessons began.

"So... Do you want to go and eat dinner now? " he said , eyeing my newly acquired notebook. I nodded as he rolled his eyes while smiling amusedly." I see 5 hours has been wasted teaching you" as he tsked away. Fighting the urge to return the smile I scrawl a "yes" in ginormous handwriting. "Penmanship is horrible , but you do know how to write at least. " giving a mock sigh ,he eyes sparkled " ah you can't have everything in life , can you?" I rewarded him with a smack of my book as he patted my head,grinning roguishly.

I began vomiting blood during the banquet. Amongst the aghast faces I spotted Ivan's , my throat was burning hot, as though lava was being tipped down my throat . I could taste a coppery taste in my mouth and tears of fear mingled with my blood. What was happening to me? I didn't know my throat was so bad. I felt someone place a hand around my shoulder , the warmth enveloping me as tears blurred my vision . Embarrassingly, I snuffled on his shoulder. Being a mermaid out of water for too long was taking a toll on my health. The truth was, I missed my home ,whenever I looked in the mirror , I saw myself back in the water , back with Kiernan, overjoyed and baring my teeth with delight.

"Why was she vomiting blood ? Is it serious? " I could identify voices , one anxious and afraid , the other sounded hassled and pressured. I was tucked into bed , this wasn't where I belonged , wasn't where I wanted to belong. Prince Ivan burst in , looking visibly upset. He sat down heavily on the chair. Seeing him so downcast worried me . He was cheery, shamelessly cheery at times, now he was like this? Trying for levity, I wrote down " your breath stank , I had to smell it for 5 hours, no wonder I got sick :(" I stuck my tongue out halfheartedly. He forced a laugh when he saw it. Steeling myself I scribbled " Can you bring me to the sea? Just for a while". He started in surprise , and gave a curt nod.