CHAPTER 2 - Home

As the trio made it home, what I could assume was Cory's dad had baked pie for us. "So, Cory... Who's this new friend you made.?" Uni started lightly blushing. "This is Uni, he fell down and he called for help... thats how I found him..." Cory was definitely defying the ' No Humans allowed rule' in the underground, but he seemed... special... like he would set them free. Later on, as Chantell was reading to her two children, they fell asleep as fast as a dime, so of they went to bed. as she tucked them both in, she started singing a lullaby. 

"Come my child, Stay with me, I'll protect you and your dreams, Rest my child, Neath the tree, Like it's branches reach for me. So let me keep you safe and warm here in my arms, Think of the life that we could live, the joy that it could give, Even if we're worlds apart, stay in my heart, Someday when you've a choice to make, I hope you'll think of me, Think of me..."

"Think of me..."

Cory could hear her sing, but after she paused for a while, a familiar voice came in, the voice belonging to someone he had lost long ago.

"Maybe we'll meet again, and you'll have made many friends. But if you find you've strayed, I'll forgive you anyway..."

She came back with two plates of butterscotch pie.

"So stay determined as you grow, love as you go, think of the kindness that I've shared and cherish those who care, even when we're worlds apart, stay in my heart, someday you'll have a choice to make, I hope that you'll be good..."

"Please be good "