Cherry {h.s.}

I'll never go back to Georgia,

I promised myself I would never set foot in that hell hole of a state ever again as I sat in my new room looking around. My phone buzzed in my pocket

*Good Morning, Cheryth. Its your first day of your Senior year! Enjoy it ;) Love you, darling.*

I glanced at the text from my mom quickly and deleted it before tossing my phone onto the bed and opening a few moving boxes on my floor full of clothes. I grabbed a pair of denim shorts and a black t-shirt that fell off my shoulder a bit and changed quickly.

"Cheryth honey?" I heard my dad's girlfriend, Amy from outside the door.

"Come in." I groaned.

She opened the door slowly, looking around.

"Do you like your new room? Your brother Declan loves his new room." She spoke in that high pitched, sweet voice that just annoyed the hell out of me.

"He's just bullshitting you to make dad happy. He just wants to go back to Georgia and live with our mom. He wont even talk to me because he blames me for everything that happened back at home." I barked, trying to stay quiet so my dad wouldn't hear.

"Cheryth, San Diego is your home now. Your brother will realize that what happened in Georgia wasn't your fault. Look around, you have a new start. Any girl your age would kill to be you right now. You live in a mansion ten times bigger than the house you lived in at Georgia, an in ground pool, master bedroom, a dad who loves you very much, Cheryth." She spoke, taking a step towards me. I flinched slightly, and cringed every time she called me Cheryth.

"God damn it, just get out! Stop calling me Cheryth and get out right now!" I screamed, not caring who heard anymore. She sighed and backed out of the room closing my door, gently. Suddenly Declan, my twin brother who hadn't talked to me in three days burst into my room, glaring at me.

"Who do you think you are?! Amy is trying and your just ruining everything like you always do. I had a perfect life back in Georgia and you had to ruin that!" He yelled.

"You know for a fact that what happened back in Georgia wasn't my fault! Do you think I asked for seventeen years of torture?! I went through hell for seventeen years and you don't even care! I'm your sister, your supposed to be there for me. Your a pathetic excuse for a brother." I fought back. 

"Darren and Julia are in jail because of you!" He screamed.

"Do you hear what your saying?! You don't even understand! That's where they belong!" I threw my alarm clock at him and screamed that blood curdling scream that my family had come to know so damn well. Declan took a step back, looking at my shattered alarm clock on the floor before reaching up to his cheek and pulling a small piece of glass out and shaking his head.

My dad and Amy came running into my room. My dad came running over to me while Amy guided Declan out of my room and downstairs.

"What are we gonna do with you, Cheryth?" He shook his head before speaking again. "Get ready for school."

"Mom texted me this morning." I told him, looking for attention from him desperately.

"What did she say?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Just a good morning text. Do you know why I chose to come live with you, dad?" I asked, scanning his face for any emotion.

"I don't have time for your games, Cheryth. Get ready for school." He sighed, walking out of my room, fixing his tie.