You're Enough

DEREK POV

The beach was just outside our front door, so rather than going down all together we each found our way down one by one. I was sitting in the sand reading my book to see Stiles was the last to come out. He had on grey swimming trunks, his red hoodie, and shades. For a second I questioned why he had that long sleeve on but then I remembered the scars that covered his body and how adamant he was about keeping them hidden from the world, so I knew better than to ask I couldn't say the same about everyone else.

"What's with the hoodie Stiles?" Lydia asked once he was in hearing range

"I just feel comfortable in it" he said shooting me a short glance from the side of his sunglasses

"You're gonna take it off when you swim right?" Kira asked

"No I'm not swimming" he said waving around his cast like the wounded arm was enough to convince them swimming wasn't the best idea.

Lydia attempted to persuade him"C'mon it feels nice you gotta go out"

"I'll dip my toes in how 'bout that" Lydia was readying herself to protest but Stiles didn't give her the chance "Lydia please" she looked him in his eyes throwing her hands up in defeat. It didn't take long for the subject to change to something that made him burst into laughter.

I watched Stiles interacting with the pack, and for a while it seemed like he was back to his old self. He laughed and joked with them and was acting like he was pack again and at this I couldn't help but smile. He was the only one who could do that, make me smile by doing absolutely nothing at all. He was just himself, and was so oblivious to how he was making me fall in love with him. I started thinking about our conversation from that morning, and I didn't want to hide what we had anymore. I needed everyone to know who my mate was. It was pushing 1:30 when Lydia and Kira ran off to swim with everyone else. I looked searching for Stiles but he wasn't in the water, he was further down the shore just walking along the line of the ocean. I dropped the book I had previously been reading and jogged quickly to his side before he could get any further.

"Hey there" I said smiling and catching up with him

"Hello, What's got you all smiley?"

I just continued on "Nothing much"

"Nothing seems like something" he laughed

"I want to tell you something" I admitted to him, a bit more serious.

"Okay" he smiled "Tell me something"

I stopped in my tracks turning to face him. I needed him to know "Stiles... I love you"

His face turned slightly serious as he gripped my arm "Der, what if they're listening?"

"Who cares? I thought about what you said this morning and I don't care if everyone knows we're together. I love you and what they think about us isn't going to change that"

He looked at me a little surprised, and for a while his expression seemed like he disagreed with everything I just bared to him. I thought about taking it back but I couldn't shake the feeling the entire pack was listening so I knew there was no chance of that happening.

"I love you too" he finally spoke breaking the silence, and reassuring me with a kiss. It was passionate, and long enough for the pack to notice. Pulling away he grabbed my hand taking it in his. I assumed he wasn't ready to face everyone and their questions because we continued walking the shore in the opposite direction.

STILES POV

Derek and I had walked for about 15 minutes before we came to sit outside a cove. The waves had calmed down no longer beating the shore and the water was now relaxed. I was sitting in between his legs my back pressed to his chest, and his head just barely in the crook of my neck.

"Are you sniffing me?" I laughed

He smiled raising his head from my neck "You smell nice"

"Scott says I smell like b.o. and peppermint gum"

"Well It's different with mates, they give off a more pleasant scent"

I smiled turning faintly to look at him "Really? What do I smell like?"

"Uh It kind of reminds me of a vanilla, and cinnamon smell"

"Mmmm. That seems nice"

"It is" he snickered lowering his head back down. Something about being this close to Derek made me feel an alarming amount of peace. I guess it was the mate thing but he always made me feel safe. It was like every bad thing to ever happen was washed away every time he kissed me or was just there.

"Der?"

"Yeah?"

"You know, back at my house...I really wasn't going to-"

"I believe you" he said stopping me

"I just really want you to know I meant it you're more than enough, you make me better. I don't feel like a nobody when I'm with you. You're the only one"

He leaned in giving me a kiss, and began to mumble into it "I'm glad"

When we returned back to our spot on the beach everyone was gone but their things were still scattered in the sand. I looked up at the house where it seemed just about every light in the house was on. We stopped, turning to glance at each other, I don't think either of us were ready to face what was waiting. We could either sleep outside until the weekend was over or just get it over with, not wanting to put it off we went with the latter. "Maybe it won't be that bad" Derek said pushing open the door ushering me to go in before him. I obliged slipping through the entrance directly into the living room, where everyone just happened to be sitting. Shit, I thought I'd have some more time to gather our story, but it was too late all eyes were on us.

"So... do we have to ask?" Jackson spoke up

We both stood there still silent switching our glances between each other, and the anxious teens.

"Guys?" Kira said killing the awkwardness.

I was never good at confessions that's why I never lied, not until recently "Uh... see well... the thing is... Derek and I are..."

"We're mates, and we're dating" Derek disclosed finally stepping in.

Some faces were surprised, others, mainly the girls, were filled with excitement. Once agin things seemed to get awkward.

"Like mates mates?" Scott asked

"Is there any other type?" Derek said smiling.

"Well okay" Kira said relaxing back into the couch. And with that everyone seemed to go back to what they were doing.

Derek seemed fairly content with the whole thing. He shrugged off his jacket taking the last open seat on the couch. I soon followed suit sitting on the floor beside Boyd.