A Thousand Years Later

Disclaimer: I am not Rick Riordan

PERCY POV

It has been over 1,00 years since I died. The thousand years I have spent in the stars have been the best use of time I could have ever imagined. It was used by, at first, getting used to being dead and being a constellation. Then, getting to know Zoe better after convincing her not to be a man-hater for all eternity. I had, after a while, started dating Zoe, and I married her about 100 years ago. We have 2 children. Ethan Nova and Bianca Nebulae. The bad part about living here in the stars: I had to stand by and watch Mom, Paul, and their daughter, Ariadne, die. I watched Nico meet a nice young girl named Max, who he married and had 2 children with, who for some reason both had wings, named Bianca and Ari. It hurt, watching my family and friends age and live their lives. But not Annabeth, or Marcus, no, they were bestowed godhood by the Olympian Council, becoming goddess of architecture and god of rivers. They also couldn't seem to keep their hands off each other's *ahem* nether regions. I watched Thalia become more and more bitter to men, until she would kill any male who even thought about looking at her. I was pulled out of my thoughts by Bianca tugging on my jeans. Awwwww.

"Daddy, Mummy told me to ask you to help me wif my weading. She busy hunting Heracl...Heraca-" she babbled in her two-year-old language, when she was actually closer to 100, simply playing her cute of spades, holding up Christopher Paolini's Eragon for me to read.

"Heracles?" I asked, helping her to pronounce the long word.

"Yeah, that's it. So will you help?" she repeated. She knew I had dyslexia, but those eyes... those big, shining, pleading sea-green eyes that she knew I couldn't refuse. Damn kids. Wrapping me thrice around their little fingers.

I picked her up and set her on my lap as I myself was seated on a bench. She wove her waist-length black hair into a braid before looking expectantly at the blue book in my hands. I opened it to find, to my surprise, it was written in Greek. Bianca does care. She looked up at me.

"Aren't we gonna read now, Daddy?" she pressed, clearly impatient to read about dragons and elves and magic. I began to read aloud.

"Prologue: Shade of Fear

Wind howled through the night..."

I read Bianca the prologue and the first 5 chapters when Zoe came back from shooting Heracles in the rear all day, having nothing better to do. She looked thoroughly exhausted, but she still picked up Bianca and swung her around like a fox-tail toy, the one with the baseball on the end you swing around your head.

"Where's Ethan?" she asked me, after saying hello and kissing me, to which Bianca 'ewwww'ed.

"He's still napping. That boy sleeps more than I did when I still had the curse of Achilles" I replied. Zoe sighed. A long, drawn out sigh that says 'well, we can't do anything about that'.

"Also, Percy, Lord Ouranos has requested our presence" Zoe added

"Well, what could have happened to irk him now, after over a thousand years?...Wait a minute...no." I replied, immediately reminded of when I still had the Athena spawn at my side, when I could count on her, and the war where I fell into the pit, got out, and was betrayed before we could even have the funeral for all the fallen, while Annabeth and Marcus simply laughed at the demise of hundreds of their kith and kin.

After putting Bianca to bed, Zoe and I began the long trek across the stars to the courtroom of the Milky Way Galaxy. We rushed to our seats, being very nearly late. We sat down, and Lord Ouranos began to speak.

"My dear constellations" he began in his deep, soothing voice that ran over your mind like hot cocoa "I have gathered you here today upon event that, to my great dismay, my wife is indeed rising again. Only this time, she has our sons at her side, Cronus among them. The foolish gods of Olympus have asked Lord Chaos for his help in the upcoming war, but he can only spare a battalion of his warriors. I have agreed to help him, upon condition that if any of you with to join his army, you can"

Orpheus raised his hand. He had been made a constellation long ago, but, being so besotted with Eurydice, had refused to come without her.

"Lord Ouranos, what if our children wish to join Chaos, like if Karilone wished to fight beside him?" Orpheus spoke of his daughter, and I knew that Bianca wished to become a Chaotic Assassin, as Zoe and I are for Ouranos.

"I have worded my request very carefully, Orpheus, and he agreed that any under my command may join his number" Ouranos replied, still as calm and collected as ever. "I have decided that Perseus, Zoe, Orpheus, and your children behind you. Chop-Chop, go and pack, you leave at the ass-crack of dawn tomorrow!" Ouranos replied in the happiest way that was possible for a man who lived in the night.

"Yes, Lord Ouranos" we all replied in a monotone, most of us trying not to strangle said Lord Anus(it was the nickname we used for him when we were absolutely pissed at him or just pissed drunk) as we went to tell our children, and wife in Orpheus' case, to pack up for an unspecified amount of time in the dingo ate my baby crazy Camp Half-Blood.