06: Reflection

CHAPTER SIX

❝Reflection❞

I gave Pink a light push

"Go ahead. You can do it." I whispered to her.

Her eyes widened. "U-Um, what do you mean?"

I rolled my eyes. "Come on. I know why you wanted to go here. You know what I mean."

Ulysses poked me on my cheek. "Care to enlighten me?"

I sighed and lowered my voice. "See that blonde guy right there? That's Cole, one of our friends. Pink kinda has a thing for him. And I'm pretty sure he likes her too, but they both don't know that. It's a suffering thing I deal with as Pink's best friend."

"You know I can hear you, right?" Pink glared at me, and I just shrugged. "He doesn't like me, and I don't like him. Period. Now if you excuse me, I'm off to talk to Cole."

She flipped her hair at our faces and nervously, yet somehow confidently, strutted towards Cole. When she reached him and he noticed her, she suddenly seemed relaxed and not tense. Pink smiled as she sat down on the chair next to him and they both began chatting away, leaving Ulysses and I dumbfounded.

"Smooth." We both said at the same time.

A few seconds of awkward silence passed between us as we just watched Pink and Cole, who were obviously too deep into their conversation to acknowledge us.

Finally, Ulysses rubbed his hair. "Wanna get out of here?"

"Alone," I crossed my arms. "With you? I'll pass."

Ulysses let out an exasperated sigh and pushed back his pastel pink hair. With one hand, he pushed me on my back, making me protest. "W-Wait, what--"

He ignored my complaints and constant physical violence, and continued forcing me outside the coffee shop until my eyes were kissed by the rays of the sun.

* * *

After convincing me that he wasn't going to do anything weird or just anything, in general, to me, Ulysses and I went to a nearby park to just relax, and possibly grab something to eat.

My eyes lit up when I spotted a hotdog stand. I tapped Ulysses by the shoulder and nodded towards it. 

He frowned. "Oh, that's not healthy."

"Healthy?!" I exclaimed, my eyes widening. "What matters is that it's edible! Stop being picky."

Ulysses held a finger up to my lips. "I never said I didn't like it. I just watch what I eat—unlike you. Now let's just get what you want so you can shut up."

I muttered a few words under my breath as we strolled towards the stand.

"What can I get for you?" The chubby vendor beamed, shooting us with a crooked smile.