Baepsae

[Intro: Rap Monster & Suga]

They call me crow-tit

We were cursed at, this generation

Quickly, chase 'em

Thanks to the stork, my legs spread

Crow-tit or parrotbills are known for its short legs. To imitate the stork's long stride, they have to spread their limbs to an extent. This juxtaposition is a reference to the efforts that has been done by the youth in order to reach the milestones achieved by the older generation.

So call me crow-tit

We were cursed at, this generation

Quickly, chase 'em

My teacher who was born with a gold spoon and chopsticks

The gold cutleries mentioned in this line refers to a South Korean concept in which the quality of cutleries someone uses represents wealth and social status. The quality is differentiated into four ranks which are gold (금), silver (은), bronze (동) and soil/dirt (흙). This concept is similar to the English idiom "Born with a silver spoon in mouth".

"Born with a gold spoon" (금수저; Romanization: geumsoojuh) is a derogatory comment for someone living a prosperous life and come from a well-off family. This is due to the stigma that this person is spoilt and doesn't work hard as much as the lower classes do.

The people with "gold spoons" sparks resentment from the lower classes who believe that they could have been successful too if they had the same opportunities as the gold spooners.

Thus to be called "born with a gold spoon" is a disregard to someone's effort in earning their success.

[Verse 1: J-Hope]

At a part-time job, it's passion pay

Young job seekers in South Korea have coined the term "passion pay". The term satirized the overused proposition that interns and apprentices are supposed to be passionate enough even though they are given less than the minimum wage.

The term, encouraging youth exploitation, has permeated not only through the private companies but also public institutions and nongovernmental organizations where they claim to provide a field emphasizing on the development of employee's passion and ability despite having none. According to Hyundai Research Institute, the number of workers aged 15-29 who received "passion pay" totalled 635,000 as of the end of 2016.

At school, it's the teachers

The superiors' violence

The number of generations in the media everyday

[Pre-Hook: Rap Monster]

Change the rules, change change

The storks want it, want it, maintain

It won't work that way BANG BANG

This isn't normal

This isn't normal

[Hook: V & Jimin & Jungkook]

Ah, quit your efforts on singing that song

Ah, my two hands and feet are shriveling up

A reaction reminiscent of cringing.

Ah, effort effort, ah, effort effort

Ah, the chances are slim