Spread your wings

A couple broke up. He went away. After some time, he suggested meeting her. She was not sure about the date because she still felt something for him.

It had been a month since he left. It was a difficult planned decision caused by a discrepancy in their future: each of them saw themselves living their lives in a very different way. She preferred to continue her routine and stay in town, whereas he wanted to discover new adventures. They had been together for years and now she could only focus on how lonely she was. She had even stopped singing as much as she used to.

When some friend told her about his partner's proposal, she immediately thought that he would be back because his new life was not like he had expected it. However, she did not know if she would be able to forgive him because of this horrible month without him...

The day arrived, and he call in on her. His usually colourful outfit was even brighter in contrast to hers, that seemed to be quite dull. Contrary to her previous thoughts, what her ex wanted was to take her with him. He explained how wonderful these last days had been: amazing views never seen, much more friends to spend the time with, wide variety of food... All these aspects of his new life could be summed up into one unique word: FREEDOM. He wanted to share this feeling with her so, as Queen sings Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away, he advised her to do the same. The first step, in which one has to get out your comfort area, was the hardest one. He encouraged her to leave their secure way of living. It was not a bad one, but after all, they were living in a locked cage.

Despite the initial fear, she finally accepted, so he helped her to open her mind and her cage. This is how the couple flew away together from the house they had always lived, looking for new experiences in life; two beautiful lovebirds flying in the sky. Lovebirds are social and affectionate small parrots characterised by a strong, monogamous pair bonding and by the long periods which paired birds spend sitting together.

 Lovebirds are social and affectionate small  parrots characterised by a strong,  monogamous pair bonding and by the  long periods which paired birds spend sitting together

                                                            - Picture by Johansson Linnéa, 2017 -