Soben Family

Laughter from the dining room entered Kira's once silent study. The laughter was filled with joy, something Kira could never hope to achieve. It was a calming sound, as well as a tormenting one. Then it stopped, and her study became as quiet as death. Of course the laughter would never stay, especially around one as... unique as Kira.

She stood up and made her way across her room, stopping to stare at a portrait of a couple. They were holding hands, and their eyes twinkled with mischief. The woman wore an elegant navy blue dress, and her curly, unruly blonde hair looked wild and carefree. The man had on a black tuxedo and stared lovingly at the woman standing beside him, his eyes holding nothing less than pure love and respect. In between them was a child, who looked up at the screen curiously, his forest green eyes shining with excitement. In his arms was a baby, who appeared to be sound asleep, her head buried into her older brother's chest. Engraved on the frame were the words 'Soben Family 1700-1753. Killed during a horrible accident.'

Kira Soben Vangelis tore her gaze away and spared a glance down at her watch. It was time. He would be there any minute. And it wouldn't be pretty.

(A/N Picture up top is what I envision Kira's house to look like. If you'd like to change the design, that's fine. It won't affect the story.)