Ch:1 A Hacked Cartridge?

Alright I have no actual writing experience and I am new here so please forgive any mistakes. Anyway, I'm actually not sure if I should continue this so I hope people like so I can actually feel encouraged to do this and upload... Or I'll just finish it and keep it to myself... <,<

Anyway sorry if it's long... I have a problem doing that. Oh also if you all see text like this -> 'Why?' that means the character is actually thinking. So let me stop rambling so you can continue your mystery. c;

-------

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team... A game I remember playing in my childhood. This game unlike the other Pokemon games had you centered as a human turned Pokemon in a world without trainers, you meet another Pokemon become good friends, partner up and travel around to help other Pokemon in danger and in the process gain a larger team and save the world from soon to be devastation, while learning some lesson about teamwork and friendship. With all the new Mystery Dungeon games coming out I started to feel a longing to play the one that started it all again, it's been many years since I even had the game though and I didn't even have the system for it either anymore. Roms and Emulators also didn't interest me at this point either, I of course like many have used them it was just that... This time I wanted an actual copy with me to enjoy the game and relive those old memories.

It wasn't long before my wish had come true, a friend I knew named Marv came to me hearing about my dilemma and remembering some of the times he owed me one decided to go and look for an old copy, he managed to find one after some time at a pawn shop and even gave me his old DS Lite... Well for a small "Fee" of 20 dollars, the DS was functional aside from it's stylus missing and the flip screen being broken forcing you to hold the top up with your index fingers, it seemed reasonable to me. I had the money so I agreed on the exchange and got both the cartridge and the handheld console the next day. Me being the eager impatient guy I am, I quickly went home and set the rest of my work aside to play the game but that was when I saw the cartridge. The front was fine but on the back were marked letters faded out reading, "D_n'_ Pl_y!" I quickly figured it meant "Don't Play!" thinking it to be a silly joke I slid the game in and turned it on, I expected the first time I turned it on to not work and I was right it didn't and instead showed a blank screen so I turned it off and tried again. As it had turned on working correctly now I remembered that Marv saying something about the shop owner being eager to sell the game and him even saying that the previous owner had tampered with the game saying something about adding some Eevee as a playable option for males, and a few other features that seemed pretty minor. For anyone who's played the game they should already know that Eevee is only playable as a female, so this edit made me slightly more eager to play. I actually have a fondness for Eevee, there's no particular reason why though I simply like the little fox.

As the game started I went through the regular procedure of answered the prompted questions that would decide my fate and as I reached the end I began to wonder if what Marv said was true, I finally got to the end, "Are you a boy or a girl?" going with the obvious answer I chose, "Boy" after that I waited and hoped to get the 'Naïve' type for Eevee but instead of getting evaluated I was asked another question as the screen ominously went red and the music slowed, "Are.. Are you ready for the Mystery?" I was confused, this never originally happened but then I realized that someone messed around with the game, this made me curious. The options were, 'Y__' and 'N_' I immediately picked what I thought to be 'Yes' and got my type:

"You are the... Courageous type!" That... That wasn't right, there's no such thing as a type like that! But it continued on.

"You never quit and you're always determined to see things through. Even with your small stature you take on big challenges without any fear all the while protecting those who are close to you. That though may lead to your downfall but nevertheless you follow this path... Besides it's the only reason why you survived for so long..."